Sign in to follow this  
MacMuffin

Feedback required - communication preferences

MacMuffin

In the next month or two we will rework how we communicate with users as we feel that current communication preferences are limited.

Your feedback & suggestions are appreciated (after all, it's mail you will receive).

Currently we have:

Transactional mail:

- Email when an item is bought or bid on, a contact is made and when your item open & close.

- Email when an item is bought or when your item close.

- Email when an item is bought or your item close with a winning bid.

- Never Email about items. This option may be useful if you bid, buy or sell many items.

Promotional mail:

- I want to be informed of promotions on bidorbuy and receive a weekly newsletter.

We will revisit the transactional mails and want to look at improving the promotional mail to be more targeted (i.e. based on your interests, hobbies, recently purchased items).

What are your thoughts / suggestions?

lilythepink

I am very happy with the present system of transactional emails, thanks, as I do not bid, buy or sell many items. Please don't change this!

JPBon

Ive asked a few times on the forum whether its possible for more options to be added to the type of emails we get.

currently :

Select the level of email notification you would like to receive.

Email when an item is bought or bid on, a contact is made and when your item open & close.

Email when an item is bought or when your item close.

Email when an item is bought or your item close with a winning bid.

Never Email about items. This option may be useful if you bid, buy or sell many items

It would be really useful to have everything as in bought, bid on, contact is made etc but without the open and close.

I currently use no 3 but that excludes things like bids, If I select options 2 or 1 I get every item that closes which is irritating.

Ideally I would love the options for each thing to be seperate but that might be a lot of work.

brands online

Hi Mac,

Maybe check boxes something to the effect of:

Selling

Item has Opened

Closed without bids/sales

Bid has been received

Auction has Closed with winning bidders/Item has been bought

Eft Payment has been received

Buying

You have placed a bid...

You have been outbidded

You have won the auction

Eft payment has been received

No thoughts on promotional mail yet...

voldermort

I receive everything which im quite happy with however when a whole lot of emails come through all at once eg: items that have just closed is it not possible to send items which have closed with a winning bid and then items that have closed with no winning bids instead of all jumbled up together??

RAG Auctioneers

We disable the email that comes through when an order is made. (100 orders a week = spam like)

- What might be nice is a separate email that lets us know if the buyer has typed in a "Buyers note" as we always miss these and some of them are important.

- It would also be nice if an email tells us when the buyer has changed his address!

kebs

I would like to not be notified everytime an item closes - I have no use really for those emails. I want to be to receive emails for items sold & questions asked..

retailrush

I, like Lily, am very happy with the way it is now.

brands online
We disable the email that comes through when an order is made. (100 orders a week = spam like)

- What might be nice is a separate email that lets us know if the buyer has typed in a "Buyers note" as we always miss these and some of them are important.

- It would also be nice if an email tells us when the buyer has changed his address!

Oh yes, this option is rather important.

Asha Craft Jewellery
It would be really useful to have everything as in bought, bid on, contact is made etc but without the open and close.

Agree 100% !! I like to get notifications of everything that happens, EXCEPT when items close and/or get relisted.

Miss Jewels
Agree 100% !! I like to get notifications of everything that happens, EXCEPT when items close and/or get relisted.

Agreed 100%Asha Craft. Especially questions asked as this could lead to a sale.

Guest Guest

brands online u have a prefect idea there, i wouldnt say it any other way

Seeds for Africa

The current system works perfectly for me. Thanks

eZethu Coins

current systems works fine for me too - would still like to have copies of message send via the seller tools to be copied to my registered e-mail address.

JPBon

Any feedback Mr MAc as to how this is going and when we will see a change if any?

MacMuffin
Any feedback Mr MAc as to how this is going and when we will see a change if any?

We are working on a couple of high priority projects at the moment and for the next few months we will be busy with those. I honestly don't think that we will get to changing communication preferences till October/November considering what we are currently doing (all very secret, but really exciting).