Sign in to follow this  
Vintage_Collectables

Parcel not collected from SAPO

Vintage_Collectables

Hi All

I sent a parcel mid November last year which was not collected by the buyer. SAPO returned the parcel to me 10 weeks later.

It has now been two weeks since I got the parcel and notified the buyer. I explained to the buyer that payment for shipping must be made before I can reship the parcel. I have sent 3 emails to the buyer about this. The buyer wants the item but has not yet made payment for reshipping.

How long must I keep the item for the buyer, as I am now responsible for the item.

What is an accepted time period for keeping the item before the buyer forfeits it?

sungems

This is highly debatable, my view of this is then after a few reminder 2-3) and then after informing him that this will be the last reminder: If re-postages do not reflect the right to item will be forfeited and will be relisted to cover the admin cost.

I suppose it also depend on the value of the item; if it is less than R100 your admin/relisting fee, cost for picking up the return parcel and time to send him/her mail, constantly, can absorb the R100 or some of it but if the item is worth egg. R400, R800 or what ever you can then deduct restocking fee, admin fee, payment to a third party or what else is needed and ask for his banking details to refund the balance. If it is not received obviously you can not do anything about it any further, how long you should keep the credit I also am not sure of.

I still have all my returned parcels from since I started in 2007 and the credits I do have is also since started but out of experience they never do get back if they do not react on the first mail.