Sign in to follow this  
ClickandShip

Buyer just told me to F&%k Off...Lovely!

ClickandShip    10
ClickandShip

Auction won 26 Jan 2011.

Date: Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Subject: Re: Enquiry on purchase of '>> Highest Quality** XGR USB VACUUM CLEANER WITH LED LIGHT

To: BUYER

Hi there,

Thank You for your order and payment, however I note that you have not paid the cash deposit fees of R 16.50.

Please let me know once this has been done so that I can begin processing your order. Note that should you continue with another cash deposit, the same fees will again apply.

Regards,

Landi

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 3:30 PM, BUYER> wrote:

Please supply me with a Tracking Number as soon as possible.

Money was deposited 02-02-2011.

Thank You

__

Buyer sends and email appologising and continues to (cash) deposit an additional R20 into BoB Pay on 7 Feb 2010.

I reply informing the buyer that she has again not added the Cash Deposit Fee, for the cash deposit fee.

I receive Negative rating for non delivery and no tracking number 14 Feb 2011.

I realise this is more to explain than an email.

I call the buyer, I am now trying to explain that although it's a bit much, I cannot waiver it as I have ALREADY paid these fees on the buyers behalf to BoB, as the costs are detirmined by them.

Buyer says '' Ag, F#^k Off'' and puts the phone down...Charming...

Calculation.

Order Total - R 40.00

Total Buyer has paid - R 60.00

Fees I have been debited by BoB - R 33

Amount left against product and delivery - R 27.00

So, as a seller do I File a SNC and refund the buyer her R 27.00?

Do I take the loss and just send the item?

Do I persist and try to get the amount owing out of the buyer in the correct way?

What should I do?

Edited by ClickandShip

kebs    10
kebs

Simply for her attitude, I would not send the item. File an SNC & refund the R27.

ClickandShip    10
ClickandShip
Simply for her attitude, I would not send the item. File an SNC & refund the R27.

I tend to agree, but then I look at it this way, as a new buyer she really needs to learn that when done the right way, you end up with something to show for it. If I just cancel and refund her R 27, she losses R 33.00 and has nothing in hand, and will she do the same thing again? However if she just pays the right amount then she will have the product and know how the system works.

One assumes that the buyer must actually WANT the product to have gone to the Bank TWICE in order to obtain it..

But as you say, what problems may lay ahead with such a fiesty talker....

retailrush    10
retailrush

Hi, I am sitting with a similar situation - luckily for me this doesn't happen much and I am seriously thinking I am going to just ship the items, take the loss, and then just block the buyer from buying from me again.

I suppost we should persist and not ship until "all" funds are received - but in my case I actually think life's too short... I know others think differently and I suppose if I were a high volume seller, I would also think differently because I suppose this sort of thing happens more often then...

My buyer deposited CASH into the bobPay EFT account (and I don't even allow bobPay EFT as a payment option) - just Cash and EFT. Bid or Buy said that the buyer has probably purchased something from someone in the past who does allow bobPay EFT and he just used the same account number with the order number as a reference. This of course resulted in my being charged R16.50 by BoB, and it's this amount plus the extra cash deposit fee that I am waiting for...

We'll see. :rolleyes:

As for the bad language - that's simply not acceptable and I would personally find that very upsetting indeed!

SProducts    10
SProducts

Seems most sellers find themselves in that situation once in a while. I agree with everyone, offer them a refund minus bank charges and if they dont respond go ahead and file SNC.

Make sure again when you send an email you use the messaging system as that will be your proof to Bidorbuy.

One buyer didnt pay and after a while I file SNC and mentions the item is no longer available. The buyer decides to go ahead and pay, now about 2 months later they havent sent me banking details for refund. I have emailed countless times and nothing, thanks I was using the messaging system and there's proof I told them not to pay and also to send banking details for refund.

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

@Retailrush

My buyer deposited CASH into the bobPay EFT account (and I don't even allow bobPay EFT as a payment option) - just Cash and EFT. Bid or Buy said that the buyer has probably purchased something from someone in the past who does allow bobPay EFT and he just used the same account number with the order number as a reference. This of course resulted in my being charged R16.50 by BoB, and it's this amount plus the extra cash deposit fee that I am waiting for...

Please complain about this cash payment into the bobPay EFT, under the following thread that I started today:

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/feedback-bidorbuy-team/12764-bobpay-eft-should-not-happen.html

BidorBuy should not allow this payments, if I do not have this option available!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Seems relatively new buyers are prone to not paying the R16.50 to cover bank charges. I am experiencing a similar difficulty with a buyer who bought from me on Crazy Wednesday last week. Am giving her until Wednesday this week and if no bank charges payment received, I shall file a SNC and refund her, less my costs. (I am wondering if she is the same buyer who is giving clickandship and retailrush a hard time?!)

Edited by lilythepink

mellowred    10
mellowred

The hard part is getting people to understand the 2nd R16.50 on the 2nd cash deposit. It's pretty simple, but as people go it seems very complex when they have to pay up.

I'll always remember refunding and filing an SNC over R5. The buyers attitude plays a huge role in situations like that.

If someone told me to F** off, I'd have a good giggle and do just that. :grin:

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

Maybe its just me but i dont charge buyers for cash deposits.I budget that as an expense to doing business.I therefore do not have any issues with short payments etc,Not many people still do cash deposits and my monthly charge is app.R120 or so for cash dep fees and i glady accept this as a cost factor to hassle free business.I have also had buyers depositing extra for cash fees without my asking them.I have had one or two large deposits that cost me a few rand but that i accept.

NEIL

mellowred    10
mellowred

Hi Neil

The FNB charge of R16.50 is pretty high, particularly when selling an item on a crazy auction. You end up paying for someone to buy from you. On higher priced items absorbing the R16.50 on occasion is not the end of the world. I'm with Standard Bank and have also generally written off cash fees and small amounts underpaid on postage.

It all depends on the general communication of the buyer.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
Hi Neil

The FNB charge of R16.50 is pretty high, particularly when selling an item on a crazy auction. You end up paying for someone to buy from you. On higher priced items absorbing the R16.50 on occasion is not the end of the world. I'm with Standard Bank and have also generally written off cash fees and small amounts underpaid on postage.

It all depends on the general communication of the buyer.

It really does always depend on the attitude of the buyers. I will give help wherever I can, provided it is asked for in a decent way. When a buyer gets "stroppy" and refuses to pay, I tend to be more firm about them meeting all their commitments. And bank charges I certainly cannot afford to carry, nor postage!

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello all

While I understand that the principle of the matter is under discussion, I fully agree with Neil.

To stress about R16-50 and enter into correspondence about it, can not be worth your time and effort. Just accept it. If the buyer continues to abuse the system, simply block the buyer.

Regards

Jacques

ClickandShip    10
ClickandShip
Hello all

While I understand that the principle of the matter is under discussion, I fully agree with Neil.

To stress about R16-50 and enter into correspondence about it, can not be worth your time and effort. Just accept it. If the buyer continues to abuse the system, simply block the buyer.

Understandable. However, if such a buyer (as is the case here) has won the item for R1, Shipping at R 39 = Total of R 40 for Item and delivery, Less R 16.50 paid by the Seller to Bid or Buy against the CAsh deposit fee - That leaves the seller with R 23.50 for the item and sending...

Does not seem fair. maybe it's just me...

alloway65    10
alloway65

What value do you put on your time and which course of action will cause you least frustration……take the course of action which will expend minimum time and hence hopefully frustration.

I am in essence retired although I still run a successful business…..but I still put a Rand value on my time where I am trying to generate any source of income!

Take care

David

qball    11
qball
@Retailrush

Please complain about this cash payment into the bobPay EFT, under the following thread that I started today:

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/feedback-bidorbuy-team/12764-bobpay-eft-should-not-happen.html

BidorBuy should not allow this payments, if I do not have this option available!

I think we have discussed and explained this previously - we cannot prevent it from happening for a number of reasons, primarily because the Buyer has saved the bobPay account details as a recipient on their internet banking and simply uses this to pay, this is out of our control and we cannot reverse this or stop this from happening. Some buyers do not read the sellers payment options, do a search on our site and pay into our Seller Fee account (the account where sellers pay their fees into). Buyers are also often under the impression that all sellers accept bobPay and thus make payment using the bobPay system, again, this cannot be reversed, anticipated or prevented from happening as we do not control the buyers banking session, their decisions or thought process or the bank systems involved. We also cannot control how the buyer will pay, whether via EFT or cash deposit. If the buyer had paid you via cash, you probably would have incurred the cash deposit fee anyway.

Unfortunately if the buyer has made payment this way, and we have incurred the cash deposit fee, the seller will be liable for this as per our terms of use, we will unfortunately not be refunding this fee.

Thank you for your co-operation and understanding in this regard.

Edited by qball

nivek456    10
nivek456

Hi all,Please Correct me if I'm wrong.If I have a sale for R10.00 and postage is R6.00 and the buyer pays with a cash deposit by Bobpay eft (which I as a seller do not have) I can be charged R16.50 cash deposit fee by Bob this does not make any sense to me.

gball "this is out of control and we" I think you meant to say this is out of our control but you hit the nail on the head it is out of control to pay for something you do not have.Have a great day everyone Regards Kevin

mellowred    10
mellowred

It's the FNB cash deposit fees which are totally ridiculous. The minimum charge is R16.50.

qball    11
qball
Hi all,Please Correct me if I'm wrong.If I have a sale for R10.00 and postage is R6.00 and the buyer pays with a cash deposit by Bobpay eft (which I as a seller do not have) I can be charged R16.50 cash deposit fee by Bob this does not make any sense to me.

gball "this is out of control and we" I think you meant to say this is out of our control but you hit the nail on the head it is out of control to pay for something you do not have.Have a great day everyone Regards Kevin

It's unfortunately in our terms of use. We cannot subsidise your transaction fees if the buyer mistakenly uses the bobPay details to pay for an item from you... sorry, but you will be liable for the cash deposit fee. Rather complain to the banks about the fees... :idea:

We are charged for accepting the cash deposit and have to recover it from someone, even if you don't accept bobPay payments - the buyer has made a payment for the goods they purchased from you, thus you will be liable for the fee as it's your transaction we are processing.

Edited by qball

ClickandShip    10
ClickandShip

I offer ONLY BoB Pay as a payment option as it really is the best and fastest way to administrate sales against payments received ETC, I have rarely had any problems and when I have, it has always been sorted out quicky and efficiently. However, as a seller making use of a system implemented and fully controlled by Bid or Buy I do expect that they enforce the correct use of the system and stand behind the seller in requesting same when it comes to a difficult buyer. Case in point...This very same, ever so delightful buyer, has apparently phoned Bid or Buy regarding this matter and been told that all funds have been received and I should send the goods. Now, off course, the latest barrage of insults includes that of a police case...

qball    11
qball

First of all bidorbuy is assisting you with this matter, we also have to deal with the irate buyer. Secondly, even though bobPay is offered to buyers and sellers, we are actually under no obligation to act on your behalf. Secondly, there are issues and scenarios we cannot control nor enforce, especially when it comes to the buyers actions and decision making process. We have asked the buyer to supply us with proof of payment so this matter can be finalised.

sungems    10
sungems
I think we have discussed and explained this previously - we cannot prevent it from happening for a number of reasons, primarily because the Buyer has saved the bobPay account details as a recipient on their internet banking and simply uses this to pay, this is out of our control and we cannot reverse this or stop this from happening. Some buyers do not read the sellers payment options, do a search on our site and pay into our Seller Fee account (the account where sellers pay their fees into). Buyers are also often under the impression that all sellers accept bobPay and thus make payment using the bobPay system, again, this cannot be reversed, anticipated or prevented from happening as we do not control the buyers banking session, their decisions or thought process or the bank systems involved. We also cannot control how the buyer will pay, whether via EFT or cash deposit. If the buyer had paid you via cash, you probably would have incurred the cash deposit fee anyway.

Unfortunately if the buyer has made payment this way, and we have incurred the cash deposit fee, the seller will be liable for this as per our terms of use, we will unfortunately not be refunding this fee.

Thank you for your co-operation and understanding in this regard.

Not for one second I would think that BOB needed to pay this cost, just as I can not afford to waiver this cash deposit fee just as much can I axpect BOB to cover this fees paid by buyers that did not read the payments accepted by the seller.

The income I generated on BOB is not really worth the time I spend on it, I can generate a lot more income if I focus this time on my other business BUT I LOVE working with Gemstones and I LOVE travelling abroad to purchase new stock. To be able to do the whole package (buying & selling) I need to streamline each process to the max. I have set rules and procedures and if anything deviates from this, this one deviated process takes more time than 10 sales, and I can not afford to spend this additional time on a sale of R10-R50. Apart from the additional time spend on deviated processes, it is very frustrating if you need to alter, change or search for anything that is not according to your T&C’s. I know there will be a lot of sellers (and buyers) indicating this is not a problem for them but if you are racing for time every day it is a problem for some and we, for whom it is a problem is mainly those who is taking all our business very seriously and is not just doing it as a pension activity, or just to keep busy.

I therefore should like BOB to respect each seller T&C’s and if we do not indicate to accept payment via BOB there is a reason for it and they should respect that

qball    11
qball

Unfortunately it has nothing to do with the sellers terms of sale or bidorbuy respecting your terms of sale, as previously pointed out, this is not something we can control or manage, it happens, mostly in error from the buyers side, we cannot control the buyers actions or decisions. Even if you don't have bobPay enabled or accept it, you are going to get the odd buyer who has either saved our banking details as a recipient on their internet banking profile, has previously utilised bobPay details for another seller and have simply used it again or the buyer has not read your payment options. It will continue to happen and we explain to the buyer that they should not have used this method but rather paid you directly, but we are not going to spend countless hours reversing, refunding and trying to recoup fees for your transactions when a payment has been made (even if in error through bobPay) - in these instances these are the exception rather than the rule.

Unfortunately our decision and stance on this is not going to change. Our policy is if we receive a bobPay payment made in error by the buyer, we will allocate it to your account and send you email notification of this, we will not reverse or refund the transaction.

Thank you for your understanding in this regard.

sungems    10
sungems
Unfortunately it has nothing to do with the sellers terms of sale or bidorbuy respecting your terms of sale, as previously pointed out, this is not something we can control or manage, it happens, mostly in error from the buyers side, we cannot control the buyers actions or decisions. Even if you don't have bobPay enabled or accept it, you are going to get the odd buyer who has either saved our banking details as a recipient on their internet banking profile, has previously utilised bobPay details for another seller and have simply used it again or the buyer has not read your payment options. It will continue to happen and we explain to the buyer that they should not have used this method but rather paid you directly, but we are not going to spend countless hours reversing, refunding and trying to recoup fees for your transactions when a payment has been made (even if in error through bobPay) - in these instances these are the exception rather than the rule.

Unfortunately our decision and stance on this is not going to change. Our policy is if we receive a bobPay payment made in error by the buyer, we will allocate it to your account and send you email notification of this, we will not reverse or refund the transaction.

Thank you for your understanding in this regard.

Thanks for your reply, I perfectly understand that BOB do not have any control over this received payments, if you do send the buyer an email informing him/her of the wrong payment method used it is a start. I did not really think of the time it will took BOB to refund this and just as I would like to spend as less time on something BOB would like the same, I only though of my time wasted and not the time BOB is wasting on this as well.

I just wish there is a method where we can get the buyers to READ, but I suppose it is a hopeless case

qball    11
qball

Unfortunately it wastes everybody's time and resources. If there was an easier way I am sure we would have adopted that by now! :grin:

ClickandShip    10
ClickandShip

The easy way would be if all seller used BoB Pay...