Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rushed

Bushmills 400 year Anniversary whiskey

11 posts in this topic

Hi new to this ,but just thought I post this here to maybe get some more interest on my item.

I won this in the Bushmills 400 year anniversary competition and as I understand it there are only a limited number of these 1608 bottles released.

Here is the link to my item http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/Item.jsp?Trade_TradeId=9072531

I also have a question once a bid is successful how does the shipping of the item work does the bidder pay or is it something I must discuss with the person after the auction close? [/img]

Hi rushed,

Long time no see, welcome back. :wink:

The norm is to put the shipping charge in your auction. The buyer pays for that.

As you did not, maybe you can give the winner a couple of options after the auction, or you can edit the auction before someone bids on it and include the shipping.

Edit :

Sorry, I see there is already a bid placed.

Also wanted to ask if I placed an X amount as the reserve on my item and the reserve is not met when the auction closes can I withdraw the item?

I would suggest you insist on overnight counter to counter for postage. Might just save you a lot of heartache in the end. Think it is still R45.50 to anywhere in SA.

Yes you can, or make the leading bidder a personal offer if the bid suits you.

Hey Andries, I think overnight speed services is R55 something now.

Hi talamia,

Would not surprise me, thanks. :wink:

Since you guys have been so helpful I have one or two more questions.

Since I have only received one bid so far is it possible to close my bid now and contact the potential buyer regarding postage and payment or should I leave it open until it ends?

Another thing how do I contact the buyer after the auction ends to conclude the deal?

TA

Since you guys have been so helpful I have one or two more questions.

Since I have only received one bid so far is it possible to close my bid now and contact the potential buyer regarding postage and payment or should I leave it open until it ends?

Another thing how do I contact the buyer after the auction ends to conclude the deal?

TA

My advice would be to wait it out until the auction ends. It is only another 2 days. It can happen that someone might be tracking your item and will only place a bid just before the auction closes. I for one always wait until the last minute to place my bid.

Terrance

Hi

Terrance forgot to mention that Bid or Buy will send you a confirmation e-mail if your item is sold or is closed without success. You will also be able to see the buyers details in your profile under items sold once the auction is closed.

Regards

Hi rushed,

I see the reserve was made on your auction. 8) Congrats on your first sale on bidorbuy. :wink: