Sign in to follow this  
bitesize

Broken DVD rom + 12v stepper motor

bitesize    10
bitesize

I think my post may have expired as I don't see it, but if it hasn't my apologies.

I need a broken DVD rom, I don't care if it's working but the structure must be intact. I'm also looking for a 12v unipolar stepper motor, like the ones found in 5.25" floppy drive.

I know it sounds weird, but it's for a home made photography project.

Thanks.:nuts:

admin    0
admin

Hi bitesize,

I have 2 dvd roms, too long ago, but I think the trays did not open anymore. Let me know.

Regards

Andries

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

I have have a dozen cd-rom dvd-roms , think some still work don`t know also have the small floppy one`s will check room today for big one`s.

bitesize    10
bitesize
Hi bitesize,

I have 2 dvd roms, too long ago, but I think the trays did not open anymore. Let me know.

Regards

Andries

Hey great let me know what you want for both. THANKS!

bitesize    10
bitesize
I have have a dozen cd-rom dvd-roms , think some still work don`t know also have the small floppy one`s will check room today for big one`s.

thanks, andries posted first about the roms so i hope you don't mind if he get's in first? but i'm interested in the floppy drives. so if you have any 5.25" let me know what you want for them. if you have two small floppys also let me know the price.

Thanks guys, you have no idea the weird looks i get when i ask people if they have a broken dvd rom lying around lol.

Oh and sorry if you posted a reply in the last thread, i don't get notification, probably cause i didn't activate it :-).

admin    0
admin

Hi bitesize,

You can have them both for R10 plus actual postage.

bitesize    10
bitesize
Hi bitesize,

You can have them both for R10 plus actual postage.

Hi, sorry I took so long to reply I had a huge crisis to deal with. Let me know how I can buy them from you? Are you sure you only want R10 (besides the postage) for both?

bitesize    10
bitesize

woohoo one step closer thanks to andries.

all i need now is the 12v unipolar stepper motor :grin:.

bitesize    10
bitesize

ok i still need a stepper motor from a 5.25" floppy drive. so if you have any of these drives lying around and want to recycle, make a few bucs please let me know :grin:.

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

I could not find any of these you can get the small floppy ones for R 5.00 each R 25.00 POSTAGE combined postage welcome up to 1 KG. regards

bitesize    10
bitesize
I could not find any of these you can get the small floppy ones for R 5.00 each R 25.00 POSTAGE combined postage welcome up to 1 KG. regards

hi thanks for responding, i need the bigger ones so i'll carry on looking. but thanks again for trying to help :-).