Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

Evening All. I need some advice please.

wayjen    10
wayjen

I have received a "Deed Of Transfer" document from 1967 with lots of information in it with the ERF etc but what is most intriguing is the language used during this time. Remember this time was during the Apartheid years so you can only but imagine who was NOT allowed to live in a WHITE suburb.

Can I scan the page with the words on it and show them in the auction or is it not allowed? How do I describe this type of document with these words in it?

voldermort    10
voldermort

as far as im aware you can scan the pages, in the heading though use *.....so for instance if you were typing a naughty 4 letter swear word it would read thus......f**k.....so for double f use **

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

Describe it as it is and say it is typical of the apartheid era and then add"Bless Mandela's cotton socks":idea::razz:

wayjen    10
wayjen

ha ha ha ok then. i think.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Good grief, Wayne. I have a Deed of Sale from our first house which we bought in 1967. A whole lot of codswallop about the group areas act, etc. In those days we had to sign an affidavit that we were members of the "white group". No building society or bank at the time would have granted us a bond if we weren't "white". A whole lot of poppycock and thank goodness we don't have to put up with all the claptrap anymore.