Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Payment Terms

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Hi again

Just getting started here! I hope I am putting my threads in the correct section? Bidorbuy allow 7 days for buyers to complete a sale. I have been burnt recently on a few big ticket items. The items were won, and then waited 7 days to file an snc, and could only relist then. On one particular sale, contacted bob as the seller was ficticious - not known at the business hours telephone number he gave me, and the cell was not registered on the mtn network. In this case bob were great and blacklisted the buyer, and I could relist immediately. Though that is one in 5 instances. All other times, I am left sitting on my hands waiting for the person who i know is not going to pay for 7 days to file the snc before relisting. I also find that one in 2 members with no ratings, does not end up completing the sale. Been warned by bob that I cant delete bids. I accept that we all had to start somewhere. Maybe I should make a suggestion to bob that new members (until 10 ratings) should be given 2 working days to complete sale? Not sure how practical that is but highly frustrating waiting for someone who is not going to complete the sale.

That leads me to payment terms. I understand that immediate payments not always possible - cash deposits etc. What would reasonable payment terms be? Is there any point in having payment terms (a lot of sellers detail payment terms) if bobs rules are that the buyer has 7 days to make payment?

Would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks

Grant

kebs    10
kebs

Hi there.. You can set your own terms.. If you want payment within say 3 days, then specify on your listing that the item will be relisted after 3 days if no payment is received. Then file the SNC after 7 days. Email the buyer after your specified payment time, through the BoB messaging system, & inform them that the item is no longer available to them & has been relisted. Should they pay anyway, refund them, less all the fees it costs you to do so.. As long as you state clearly how long the buyer has to pay, you may relist when that time is up..

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Thanks. Much appreciated.