Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Enhanced Listings

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Hi All.

Pretty new to the forum. Have been trading on bidorbuy for 6 months. I am trying to get my mind around the benefits of paid advanced listings. Are there any statistics on how effective these are. I have used them in the past, but cant say that they resulted in more sales / better prices then my normal listings without any of the advanced listing options.

Some feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks

Grant

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Grant, I think on higher-priced items it is the way to go, i.e. to use advanced listings. On ordinary things, though, I think it may be a bit of over-kill and you don't recoup your costs. Just my 10 cents worth ...

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Thanks. I wonder if statistics do exist in the public domain, that one can use to make more assesed decisons when using enhanced listings. Agreed that they make more sense on higher priced items.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Just thought of something else. I wonder what percentage of people actually do look at your other items when you link to your other items in the body of your advert? It may make sense to put a really great deal on enhanced paid promotional listings and to link to your other items which u dont have on enhanced listing in the advert body.

Vegar    10
Vegar

I have found that if you put pictures of the other SIMILAR items you are selling, in the body of your listing, it encourages people to look at your other stuff.

I stopped doing enhanced listings long ago - it did not really work for me. What does bring more "traffic" is R1 crazy listings.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Thanks for that. They do work sometimes, though not sure how often .... listed an item yesterday, and enhanced the listing, and a sale today. My first sale on my new little venture!