Sign in to follow this  
elshaun2007

DVD regions ?

elshaun2007

Hey BoB'ers got a question I need clearity on.

have noticed that some DVD's are region 1 & 2. can anyone with some knowledge on this inform me what exactly is ment by this?

thanx in advance :wink:

bob admin

Hi elshaun2007,

Region 2 dvd's are for South African dvd players, dvd's are manufactured to only play in certain parts of the world.

DVD video discs may be encoded with a region code restricting the area of the world in which they can be played.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_codes

elshaun2007

THX

thanx Andries for the heads up.

BKinney

Hack codes

The good news is most of the new manufactured dvd players (like LG), come with a specific hack code to make it all-region compatible. I did it, it's totally safe and very nifty. Now I can import dvds from the US and Australia and actually watch them.

MAGTraders

Please note that the seller above is not following BidOrBuy rules regarding advertising her external site through BidOrBuy. Also, on seeing the products in their catalogue I can say with confidence that the DVDs they are selling are ALL pirated products! The packaging is not the original release packaging.

For example: The Lord Of the Rings Boxset: The box is not the same packaging as the released trilogy or the extended versions. The EXTENDED version is 16 disks in total (I know because I have it) and yet they claim theirs has 20. Very fishy indeed. I wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw them. We used to see a lot of these pirate Asian DVDs floating around on BidOrBuy until BidOrBuy cracked down on them - No wonder they now try and sell them on external sites!

MAGTraders

Also, the seller has a HOTMAIL address? You would think if they have registered the domain dvdseller.mybisi.com her email address would reflect that...

tracywhite

No,

MAGTraders,no,i can't agree your point,they are brand new,you never know the quality since you haven't bought it.

MAGTraders

Just because something is 'new' doesn't mean it ain't pirated :wink:

tramps

i have bought some other region dvds and play them on my computer dvd player or dvd rewriter. if it is not region 2 or all region dvds you get the option to change the region settings. you will also get a notification that tells you the number of times you have changed your settings. i spoke to the computer guy who works on my computer and he told me that when you have changed the settings 5 times the player will not work any more and you will have to buy a new one. is this right does anyone know.

admin

Hi tramps,

I am not sure about the total times you can change the pc's dvd rom region, but it is true, after the allowable times the dvd rom is set to the last region you chose. ;)

tramps

thank you

RISadler

As with all things computer, there are ways around the that behaviour/restriction.