Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

More excessive postage

Cali Craft and Gems

South African Postal Services R150

Topaz - Huge and absolutely FABULOUS! 26.60ct Pink Topaz for sale in Pretoria / Tshwane (ID:32616126)

Even if this gem was wrapped in layers of newspapers and bubblewrap, the package would not be over 100g which means that the SAPO cost would be only R18.15 via econoparcel!

And another one from the same seller:

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/32625198/Exquisite_Pearl_Stud_Earrings_perfect_Valentine_gift.html

lilythepink

Both these items have "rip-off" postage attached to them. Hope you have reported to CW! One is not allowed to try and recoup costs through postage/shipping!

Cali Craft and Gems

Reported already...

arlene1622

If the buyers are satisfied with the postage AFTER READING EXPLICITLY what the postage rate is why does Calif Craft and Gems as well as lilythepink complain? You guys have never placed a bid on my items so why be bothered with something that's explicitly stated? By the look of the number of both members posts it shows that you have something to say and nag about everything... Posts 2,243 and Posts 5,736. Goodness gracious you are definitely BOB's nr1 posters aka complainers.

SUNMASTER

In order to promote a safe, fair and enjoyable trading experience for all users, bidorbuy has established a set of listing policies.:grin:

1.10. Including unreasonably high shipping costs in item listings (including insurances). bidorbuy, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to charge a 5% penalty fee, calculated on the total shipping amount, for excessive shipping charges. bidorbuy may also either disable your account or remove your ability to sell products on its website for failure to comply with these terms.:amazed:

With my little ratings i will rather quote ,i am not very good at complaining .

Edited by SUNMASTER

lilythepink
If the buyers are satisfied with the postage AFTER READING EXPLICITLY what the postage rate is why does Calif Craft and Gems as well as lilythepink complain? You guys have never placed a bid on my items so why be bothered with something that's explicitly stated? By the look of the number of both members posts it shows that you have something to say and nag about everything... Posts 2,243 and Posts 5,736. Goodness gracious you are definitely BOB's nr1 posters aka complainers.

I take exception to your insults and suggest you read all my posts before you judge me! (Likewise should you do the same before judging Cali Craft!) Also, just consider how long we have been members of BoB!

Secondly, most of the members on this forum are here to protect the interests of new buyers who often do not realise the outrageous shipping costs which many new sellers charge (amongst other things!). It is totally against BoB rules to try and recoup your costs via postage and packaging. Enough said!

Little Miss Muffet

What I will never understand is,if a user overcharges on postage or does anything that leaves a customer feeling ripped off,how one expects to build a good reputation to attract buyers.

Beats me!! Once bitten twice shy.

As for Lily and Cali's number of posts on the forum--keep posting

JPBon

Arlene I would suggest you read bobs terms and conditions re postage costs, all sellers who charge exhorbitant prices on postage are doing is giving Bid or Buy a bad name which affects all sellers.

Secondly the forum rules do not allow users to insult other users.

Not1CentMore

arlene 1622....Welcome to BoB and welcome to the Forum. I am 'thinking' you will find this little spot an invaluable resource for questions / concerns about buying / selling on BoB. I know I have.

Lily and Cali are but two of the great minds (and sweet spirits) who are assets to the Forum. They are not 'watchdogs' or 'snitches', but are kind enough to donate their time, effort and energy in helping to insure that BoB remains a safe place to buy / sell / trade. If they see something amiss, I, for one, am thankful for their keen eye.

On the positive side...they may have just saved your ratings from going south with negatives from buyers who may feel they have been 'taken advantage of' with what they perceive as excessive shipping costs.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Not1CentMore

lilythepink

I have just taken a stroll through arlene's items on BoB. I find it interesting that the items on which she is asking higher prices she is prepared to post for R40.00 + 2% insurance. So why the high postage costs on R1 auctions, if it is not to recoup costs? I think Cali and I can feel mitigated!

JPBon

Funny I saw exactly the same thing. Hopefully Bob will see the proof as it is and recoup their lost fees.

arlene1622

The fees have been changed now which means that no more of the items will be sent speed services as I do with the parcels with high value such as watches and more than one gem purchase, just normal post. I assume the complains will now stop and the subject will be closed. No fees recouping just no speed services for high value items anymore. Plain and simple.

lilythepink
The fees have been changed now which means that no more of the items will be sent speed services as I do with the parcels with high value such as watches and more than one gem purchase, just normal post. I assume the complains will now stop and the subject will be closed. No fees recouping just no speed services for high value items anymore. Plain and simple.

You can still send items speed services - the cost is R75.00!

JPBon

Arlene Speed Services on small items costs R 62 or so why not give the option of ordinary at R30-40 or so and speed services at say R 75

arlene1622

WEIGHT guys weight! When was the last time that you guys sent a HP laptop? Do you know how much it weighs? I asked the buyer R150 and paid R250+ . The difference came out of my own pocket. I didnt moan and complain. Its my loss. Same goes for the two watches and gems I sold. I combined shipment on 1 watch and a load of gems. The watch was very heavy as it was boxed in a Emporio Armani box WITH booklets. The same goes for the Guess watch. The watch box included booklets was inside a special guess bag. Add this all up. Are we going to go on and on and on now? I changed the postage rate. No more speed services-end of discussion. You can check with admin as he/she added the speed services courier rates. Luckily I did not post the rates...you can now start complaining and nagging admin for the rates he/she posted.

arlene1622

And even before you start commenting on the weight...buyers usually buy more than one item from me and then the postage is combined. I asked nothing when buyers specifically requested combining of items. Combining of the heavy items I sell/sold added up to more than R150.

Little Miss Muffet

Arlene perhaps you should try a few R1 auctions with normal postage.

I am sure you will get more bids than if postage is excessive.

Quality items always reach a good price on the R1 auctions.

Obviously we all consider the risk of crazy Wed but learn by trial and error.

Reading your replies gives me the impression you are a reasonable person and you will find most of the forum members reasonable people.

Just try a few crazy Wed you may be pleasantly suprised

Give the option of counter to counter,courier,ordinary insured and away you go

SUNMASTER

You can check with admin as he/she added the speed services courier rates. Luckily I did not post the rates...you can now start complaining and nagging admin for the rates he/she posted. :wondering:

Who is Admin ???:amazed:

arlene1622

Admin is the administrator of the forum...???? My oh my.

SUNMASTER
Admin is the administrator of the forum...???? My oh my.

Hi thank You for clearing that :grin: i thought he was at work and not watching us9723700654970e94c45.jpg.084596c2f76a30af83db77dc99719326.jpg

lilythepink
And even before you start commenting on the weight...buyers usually buy more than one item from me and then the postage is combined. I asked nothing when buyers specifically requested combining of items. Combining of the heavy items I sell/sold added up to more than R150.

Just to help you, I hope, Arlene ... when heavy parcels have to be sent off, charge the buyers the reasonable postage costs on each item OR give them the option of paying less, i.e. by offering to combine items at a cost of R5 per item as this will offset any excess postage costs. (I've been doing the latter for years and very, very seldom do I lose on postage.)

And, yes, welcome to the forum. Hope your stay will be a happy and long one and you will soon have as many posts as everyone else!

arlene1622

Pleasure Sunmaster. As you see I have no problem clearing anything . Very special thanks to Geewhizz. I am a reasonable person who always tries my best to satisfy everyone. Guess no good deed goes unpunished.

arlene1622

Thanks for you post Lilythepink. I am new to BOB and just thought a flatrate would be best and assumed R150 would cover the bulky combined shipment. I just never say anything to the buyers after sending the stuff and paying out of my own pocket for the postage that the R150 did not cover. Me and my good deeds...have just got punishment and a hell of a bill at SAPO for it. Thanks for the welcome- what a welcome I received. The postage rate is now changed to cover combined shipment so I will not lose out anymore. If there's anything super heavy on auction I will just mention it on the auction page itself with the rate for heavy weight and should the want speed services for expensive high theft risk items sold.

lilythepink
Thanks for you post Lilythepink. I am new to BOB and just thought a flatrate would be best and assumed R150 would cover the bulky combined shipment. I just never say anything to the buyers after sending the stuff and paying out of my own pocket for the postage that the R150 did not cover. Me and my good deeds...have just got punishment and a hell of a bill at SAPO for it. Thanks for the welcome- what a welcome I received. The postage rate is now changed to cover combined shipment so I will not lose out anymore. If there's anything super heavy on auction I will just mention it on the auction page itself with the rate for heavy weight and should the want speed services for expensive high theft risk items sold.

You've got a good welcome, Arlene! That's for sure! And the very fact that you cared enough to reply to all our posts means you are caring! Thank you.

May your sales on BoB be good and all your ratings positive!

arlene1622

You guys will be glad to know that communitywatch emailed me and that he's satisfied with my explanation. I will however distinctly categorize the rates from now on. No more flat rate and difference coverage out of my pocket.