Sign in to follow this  
Little Miss Muffet

Blocking a buyer

Little Miss Muffet

Why do I have the option to block some buyers who have bought from me and not others

JPBon

No idea except that I will be doing one shortly

Seeds for Africa

Do let me know if you find out. I am having exactly the same thing. Filed snc, completed and when I go to block the users can only block some and not others?

MrAerospace

Perhaps you need to block the buyer before filing an SNC? Maybe Andries can enlighten us further?

Little Miss Muffet

I asked Cuan in a private message and he said if the transaction is a certain age you could no longer carry out this operstion. Mine was 2 months old.

It took me 2 months to get this user to take delivery of an item 2 kilometers away from me.

Did not seem to want to meet me face to face. Then virtually blames me:rolleyes:

I am not sure if a month or 2 months applies.

I guess they do this to limit the times we block buyers.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

I dont think there should be a time limit on blocking a buyer-I also have a buyer of three months ago that i wish to block as i moniter his recent purchases and non filfullment of transactions and naturally i would like to be able to block this buyer but cannot do so.

NEIL

qball

We have set the time limit due to abuse by sellers.

Kind regards

Cuan

kyle2
We have set the time limit due to abuse by sellers.

Kind regards

Cuan

Hi Cuan, what kind of abuse would you be talking about? Just curious.:huh:

I am sure some of the points made above are relevent. I most certainly would not want to deal with a buyer who did not pay on time or did not collect their parcel or was abusive in anyway, and as stated above it can take time to resolve an issue, months in some cases, and after it is sorted out, shouldn't the seller be able to prevent this from happening again?

Not rocking the boat, just speaking from experience on another auction site.

qball

Well, most sellers were simply using it to block new buyers with no ratings. That is why we changed it and set some limits to it. Depending on the situation, we also found that sellers were blocking buyers for the wrong reasons, for example, someone didn't like the buyers attitude, even if they had paid on time. The vast majority of cases there were no legitimate reason for blocking the bidder.

kyle2
Well, most sellers were simply using it to block new buyers with no ratings. That is why we changed it and set some limits to it. Depending on the situation, we also found that sellers were blocking buyers for the wrong reasons, for example, someone didn't like the buyers attitude, even if they had paid on time. The vast majority of cases there were no legitimate reason for blocking the bidder.

Surely then it would not matter too much from the buyers point of view, they would just get it elsewhere and the seller would be on the losing end if they did not want to deal with the buyer. I still think that the seller should have the right whether or not to deal with any buyer, even if a time frame has passed, it is after all the seller who is not making the sale or losing out?