Sign in to follow this  
luckybird

It Seems bit Unfair And Slanderous

luckybird

Good Day, I would love to hear some feedback regarding this case, We have been selling on Bid or buy for about 15 months and have had many successful transactions not once have I personally been called a Thief and a con artist and a client who plays with negative ratings as it is his tool to try get back at us for something that we apparently did.

I feel that it is not a misuse of my own power to re-rate this client, whom i originally rated Positive because they made a prompt payment. My transaction up to that point has gone on flawless but the sale as a whole has turned really nasty. Yesterday the client left this rating.

"This woman is a Thief, no response, wrong tracking numbers, no goods, I want a refund"

We contacted the client, explaining we from China and there has been a national Holiday "NOTHING" works here During the Chinese New year, No industry no shipping, no services at all. This is a national holiday that lasts between 2 and 4 weeks.

It was explained on our shipping terms, and on the sale itself that we were entering this period i closed all sales that were open and possible to close i even deleted some bids which i did not want to do.

After Explaining this the client changes the rating to Neutral

"Anger is a bad thing, thanks for the number"

Now the client changes the rating again back to negative, a few hours later

"Beware Buyers, she is a fraud she is from Sedgefield Cape Town, my goods were only posted after a negative rating, 8th February 2011 at 12.25pm please black list her"

Now i am sorry but this is Defamatory and very public, i would ask bid or buy to remove their rating as it is a personal insult, we have a few hundred sales on bid and not once have we had this situation.

Its a very unfair use of the rating system, and especially when it is defamatory and clearly false. the sale is this link

Coin Holders & Pockets - Special Sale 400 27mm Coin Capsules was sold for R320.00 on 26 Jan at 06:46 by luckybird in China (ID:31678242)

Please read the terms and conditions of sale in relation to the payment method and the questions and answers relating to the method of deliver as well as the concerns over the Chinese new Year.

To save our clients huge shipping bills, very late and long term delays in shipping, to add security we ship items by freight to a client IN SA who then posts the goods to the various clients, We pay the VAT and any import duties and Legal fees so that the client has no nasty surprises after several mails plus the terms in our sale, and 3 posts nearly a year ago in this forum explaining the shipping process i now get called a liar, thief, and a fraud. Shame on this client.

Its convenient to say that i only post after a negative rating because it fits into their idea about us, Lets not forget the hell i had to go through to get this shipment to the client.

I will be changing my rating as the overall experience is a very bad one please decide for yourself 211 positive ratings 3 negative 1 was product quality related as if you can expect best quality for a R5 item and the other was a knowledge because the client did not bother to read the mail on how to set up a cell phone service for a very popular phone. now this, i expect that we cannot please everyone but really after trying so hard this comes as a personal blow.

Thank you for your time.

brands online

Hi luckybird, if you feel wronged, mail BOB explaining the situation and they may remove the rating.

lilythepink

And your buyer's posting that you are from Sedgefield Cape Town shows that she doesn't have much knowledge of SA geography! Sedgefield is about 6 hours drive away from CT! :huh:

Taajir

hope u get it sorted out

of course its the chinese new year

year of the rabbit

luckybird

I think this is Unfair, We rated this client negative because their rating is very slanderous and very rude and im sure thats not allowed in any rating system. Its sad that bid or buy allows this activity. I have tried to rate the client but the system wont allow me, they remain having 100% positive rating, Yet they rude and slanderous.

I feel very unhappy today at this situation, I tried everything to get this clients goods to him. The goods were stuck in customs i arranged an agent in SA to get them out they were stuck because they needed something from our agents here in China who were already off on holiday.

I feel this is a very unfair rating, and each time i see it it makes me mad someone calling me a liar and fraud 219 positive ratings.

lilythepink

Hi luckybird - you won't get your problem sorted out through your posts on this forum, but if you email communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za with all the relevant info, e.g. order number, details of payment, defamation by the buyer, etc., I feel sure you stand a good chance of having BoB remove this defamatory and negative rating. Good luck.

luckybird

Thank you Lily, I have sent them a mail i hope that this will go away

Plato

It is not always fair

Support luckybird totally here. Had the same type of experience.

Had a buyer in December '10 who bought a second hand router (new R1,000) on 14 December for R100 on auction. He received a 10 day money back warranty - no questions ask. See sale Routers & Access Points - SMC7904WBRA ADSL2 Barricade

After mails and excuses of 'bank put money in the wrong account' he paid on the 28th of December. As I was on leave at that time and not at my base, we agreed to ship the package in the new year. Package was sent on 3rd Jan 11 and he received it the next day. My last communication with him was on the 14th January "'when can I expect my package?", hour or two before he received it.

On 20 February - 2 months later - I received a Bad Rating from this buyer with the comments "Very Bad Seller!!!! 1. Bad communication!2. The product doesn't work!3. Overpriced cheap router!"

I was flabbergasted and really thought the Buyer had mistaken me for someone else! After checking his profile and saw that he had only sale, I realised that this was not a mistake!

I mailed him, requesting an explanation. No reply.

In South Africa, and I'm sure the same in the rest of the world, we have a lot of uneducated buyers/seller who do not understand the consequence of their unfounded/untrue comments. The South African law protects buyers and sellers in this country. Should you have any monetary losses/damages because of unwarranted actions and/or comments from your buyer, you can recover these costs from that buyer by taking them to court. We have a small claims court (maximum R7,000 claim) which keep legal costs down.