Sign in to follow this  
BeadsandBaubles

How to handle enquiries?

BeadsandBaubles    10
BeadsandBaubles

I have received a few enquiries (ask Seller...) lately regarding a certain line of products and I don't know how to answer them.

The problems is this: They ask do I have more - I don't keep bulk in stock but my supplier has, but he may also be out of stock temporarily until his next lot is made (it's a factory-produced product - the factory but 10km away). So yes, I can either get more within a day or two, or maybe have to wait a week or two - this does not happen often, 99% of the time the product is available - but it has happened that I have listed, expecting to be able to just collect the goods if someone orders and not being able to. How do I answer a question like this without putting the customer off completely?

This is a stable product, something that sells regularly and well and a lot of people use. And a customer or 2 that are insistent in their enquiries.

What do I do?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

My suggestion is that you recommend they bid on the item in question and, if they win, they will have your contact details and can ask if you have access to more of the same product. That way you are not committing yourself to something that may not happen. Of course you will have to put into your reply that all future purchases have to be done through BoB and that you can set up a special "buy now" for them and the price may differ from their first bid.