Sign in to follow this  
brands online

Hmmmm...

brands online

Hi, I recently won an auction for some "UNBREAKABLE" CD Holders from seller 'Ayoba Online Shopping' http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/userprofile/UserProfile.jsp?User_UserId=1723963 What I received instead was some absolutely useless "collapsible" stuff. (not at all what was shown and pictured on the ad. I mailed the seller to ask what the problem was and that I'd received some cheap alternative to the item on auction. I also indicated that I'd noticed from her ratings that I wasn't the only one who was complaining about the same thing. The seller's response was that she'd sold so many and was sorry I was dissatisfied with the item and that she'd refund me. I mailed her back saying that I didn't want a refund, just what was advertised or that I would mail community watch with the details. I have as yet not received a reply.

Now I'm just wondering, will the seller get away with this? Granted, I may get a refund, but then, what's the point? The seller still advertises the same items and sends different ones to unsuspecting buyers or new buyers. Am I wrong in demanding what was won and paid for?

Cases & Wallets - >>> ** BUY 1 GET 2 FREE!! ** HOLDS 24 CD/DVD DISCS - UNBREAKABLE FILE TYPE CD HOLDER <<< was sold for R1.00 on 19 Jan at 23:46 by Ayoba OnlineShopping in Kroonstad (ID:31438674)

Cases & Wallets - >>> ** BUY 1 GET 2 FREE!! ** HOLDS 24 CD/DVD DISCS - UNBREAKABLE FILE TYPE CD HOLDER <<< was sold for R11.00 on 19 Jan at 23:46 by Ayoba OnlineShopping in Kroonstad (ID:31410558)

Edited by brands online

Vinyl Lady Decals

Now I'm glad I didn't buy any.

I was considering it.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi C&S

I'm not sure why you reacted the way you did.

This post isn't even about your product, even though you sell a similar product.

If your product is indeed the one pictured in your listing, then there really isn't a problem.

brands online is talking about being sent a product different from the one advertised, I would also be an unhappy buyer in this case which is the point I was trying to make.

ClickandShip

I am Ayoba OnlineShopping, I do and have been selling this exact same product as listed since I started out as Vision Online yonks ago, I have NEVER had a complaint before the 2 on the same day, I offer a refund if you are not satisfied with the product, and thats not good enough, I can't offer an alternative AS THIS IS THE PRODUCT ADERTISED AS ON SUPPLIER WEBSITE AND THEREFORE IN STOCK.

anerstemens

Hmmm interesting :rolleyes:

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI ALL

It is well documented that this seller has two accounts as has been queried before and answers have been given.What i fail to understand is that the seller is selling the same product under both account names.This is a contravention of the terms as explained by bob-when they do grant you another account then you may not list the same products to sell under both accounts.

Some clarity here please admin-Am i correct or not.

NEIL

ZoneMan

I don't like the amount of junk being palmed of as quality products on auctions recently (and I'm not referring to anything from Vision/Ayoba) It is just amazing how many people actually BUY and SELL brand new inferior product... Some of the cheap knock off products sold nowadays can't even be recognized as a copy since it is so poorer assembled!

Thing is it is the same people flogging the same rubbish week after week, new buyers buy it and having a bad first time experience, just don't bother to come back!

Edited by ZoneMan

brands online

Hold up, wait a minute. I didn't start this thread for all this.

I am Ayoba OnlineShopping, I do and have been selling this exact same product as listed since I started out as Vision Online yonks ago, I have NEVER had a complaint before the 2 on the same day, I offer a refund if you are not satisfied with the product, and thats not good enough, I can't offer an alternative AS THIS IS THE PRODUCT ADERTISED AS ON SUPPLIER WEBSITE AND THEREFORE IN STOCK.

The seller states here as well that I was supplied what is advertised :shock: So Someone's not telling the whole truth: Please, all take a look at the item bought:

Cases & Wallets - >>> ** BUY 1 GET 2 FREE!! ** HOLDS 24 CD/DVD DISCS - UNBREAKABLE FILE TYPE CD HOLDER <<< was sold for R1.00 on 19 Jan at 23:46 by Ayoba OnlineShopping in Kroonstad (ID:31438674)

and here's what I received:

http://images.bidorbuy.co.za/user_images/397/1450397_110207234136_rubbish.jpg

:wtf: :disgusted:

Edited by brands online

kebs

Umm... Not to throw a spanner in the works here, but I bid on & won quite a few of these, after having purchased one a while ago & wanting more.. They are exactly as described & IMHO, good quality for money considering what I've been paying at our local PC shop for cases.. I'm very happy with my purchase!

anerstemens

Kebs this thread is not referring to what you bought and got but to what brands online bought and got, I`m glad you got what you ordered but obviously brands online did not. So in regards to brands Online’s purchase he did not get what he ordered.

kebs

I believe part of the complaint was the quality - which I can comment on.. From what I can see, it's just a different colour I think? Otherwise it looks exactly the same as mine..

LikeNeedWant

How many Sellers have taken time to read the new Consumer Protection Act that comes into effect at the end of March this year? While I'm sure that BOB may make some changes to their T&Cs, this will in no way exempt you as a Seller from adjusting the way you do business. The new Act gives more protection to the Buyer than they were afforded in the past.

The Act regulates the activities of suppliers and creates rights for consumers. It applies to virtually every entity supplying goods and services in South Africa and the transactions it enters into with consumers.

Definition of a Supplier:

A person or an entity who markets Goods and Services, irrespective of whether the supplier:

• Resides or has its principal office within or outside the Republic

• Operates on a for-profit basis or otherwise

• Is an individual, company, close corporation, partnership, trust, organ of state, an entity owned or directed by an organ of state, a person contracted or licensed by an organ of state … or is a public-private partnership

• Is required or licensed in terms of any public regulation to make the supply of the particular goods or services available.

A copy can be read at, or downloaded from http://bit.ly/dIv6yH

I come from a retail background, and I always taught my staff that "The customer is always right" is too vague a statement, and doesn't properly address customer service. Rather look at it as "The customer's perception is always right" - if the customer has a perception that the service they received was less than satisfactory, then you have, intentionally or not, done something to create that perception. Most times this is done without intent, but that should never be used as an excuse, nor prevent you from now doing something to change that perception.

brands online
I believe part of the complaint was the quality - which I can comment on.. From what I can see, it's just a different colour I think? Otherwise it

looks exactly the same as mine..

Hi kebs, you can't be serious. Look at the pics. The items are totally different! Colour is not an issue. But a totally different article is.

kebs

I'm more than happy to swop mine with yours if you want? I have 4 of the big ones & 8 of the small ones still sealed?

brands online

Hi kebs, not if it's like the one I got. If it is the hard plastic 'unbreakable' type, perhaps. Like I said, i'm not here to cause an uproar. I don't really care if 9 out of 10 people will accept an inferior product because it looks the same, nor am I here to belittle or create a problem for anyone if not warranted. I just want what I won and bought. That isn't too much to ask?

anerstemens

Brands that is not the same item.. I agree

kebs

It's the ones in the picture - the blue ones.. Hard plastic.. I really don't mind swopping, then everyone can be happy?