Sign in to follow this  
JPBon

some help needed here

JPBon

Ok I need help identifying some objects here.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1154[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1155[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1156[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1157[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1158[/ATTACH]pencil.png

brands online

boots, donkey, elephants and dolls JP :razz::smile:

JPBon

Lol yip I know that, The elphants are quite heavy, wondering if they might be ivory.

brands online

The pics are a little small, but I suppose they could be. That would make them worth quite a bit eh?

JPBon

I think so, thats what I am worried about, dont want to list them incorrectly.

lilythepink

JP, just check the ivory thing with Cuan. I know that certain ivory is allowed to be sold (those items manufactured before a certain date) but modern ivory (I think) is a non-no. Someone who really could help you with these items is geewhizz!

JPBon

Believe me these are Old I found them in a box here which hasnt been opened since about 1960

TheJeweller

Can I have that.....?

JPBon

What it is you want Mr. Jeweller?

JPBon

some more articles someone might know more about

022..jpg.ff2f932f47118b05526e95b3f50699d3.jpg

ok the little plate is limoge and is about 5cm diam

030..jpg.d097ca34bc958d549ff510cb2a0cfb97.jpg

025..jpg.03d07755dce9dac5dccd84228b534012.jpg

027..jpg.79e29154d065d0bd678aca4fadaa752e.jpg

021..jpg.922e948039d07516746a65513010dcd8.jpg

lilythepink

The Band-Aid box is something I remember from my younger days and makes me nostalgic! lol

Little Miss Muffet
Ok I need help identifying some objects here.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1154[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1155[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1156[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1157[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1158[/ATTACH]pencil.png

All these items are kitch novelties except the elephants.

Ivory has a grain like lines running threw it and they are normally not exactly straight lines--straight but curve now and again. Bone will be smooth.

They would not have used imitation ivory for these elephants so if there is a grain it is most likely ivory.

I have some fish knives and forks listed and if you look at the picture of the handles I have up that is what ivory looks like.

I think these handles are ivory but they did immitate it on cutlery with bakelite so I never like to commit myself where cutlery is concerned.

Little Miss Muffet
some more articles someone might know more about

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1159[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1160[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1161[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1162[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1163[/ATTACH]

ok the little plate is limoge and is about 5cm diam

Plate is limoge. The second doll is not complete. He would have had a sailors hat with one of the union Castle shipping lines name on the hat i.e Edinburgh Casle, Windsor Castle etc. A great majority of these were made by Nora Wellings and are very collectable. I dont recognize the other doll. Tin is self explanatary

Edited by geewhizz

JPBon
All these items are kitch novelties except the elephants.

Ivory has a grain like lines running threw it and they are normally not exactly straight lines--straight but curve now and again. Bone will be smooth.

They would not have used imitation ivory for these elephants so if there is a grain it is most likely ivory.

I have some fish knives and forks listed and if you look at the picture of the handles I have up that is what ivory looks like.

I think these handles are ivory but they did immitate it on cutlery with bakelite so I never like to commit myself where cutlery is concerned.

Ok if I look under the elephants feet there are lines running, however very few lines on the actual elephants

Little Miss Muffet
Ok if I look under the elephants feet there are lines running, however very few lines on the actual elephants

Take a close up photo.

Make sure the lines you describe are not carved on the ivory. The lines run in the ivory. Compare them to the picture on my listing

IMG_1962..jpg.150107d090c25665a0aece0b627bb09b.jpg

Edited by geewhizz

JPBon

DSC00852..jpg.1031e9ee080a2330593467ff68683b8a.jpg

here a pic of one foot

Little Miss Muffet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1166[/ATTACH]

here a pic of one foot

No those lines are carved into the "Bone" Nevertheless,these bone elephants are also collectable so have a look on Bob what others are selling them for.

Here is a picture of a large fish serving knife that is definately ivory. For your future reference. The lines run straight down but they are not perfectly straight and have curves.

IMG_1994..jpg.237e0ac8bda1824e501457a4d6e0f606.jpg

Little Miss Muffet
Thanks Pam

Go to user "tibro" who has ten ivory elephants and look at the enlarged photo's of the second row down at the bottom pictures and that is a very good example of the grainn running threw ivory

SORRY "TRIBRO" low case

Edited by geewhizz

JPBon

Thanks for all the info Pam

JPBon

Ok in day time and with better light the elephants have some lines, they are very similar to the ten that are on sale.

JPBon
The Band-Aid box is something I remember from my younger days and makes me nostalgic! lol

Ok the band aid box has a label on it from a pharmacy in Egypt ( my family moved here from there in the early 1950s)

LikeNeedWant

Good site for info on China (if you have the pattern name or number) and collectibles - Replacements, Ltd.

Little Miss Muffet

Sometimes they add lines to mislead.

Put a close up of the body of the elephants up.

JPBon

I will try and take some later but my camera is not that hot