Sign in to follow this  
dstorm

Boerboel Puppy vs SWA Proofs

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello all

SWA proofs from the SWA / Namibia Archives have just become scarcer.

I have just completed a post on the BoB forum and when I turned around to get my cigarettes, I saw that our brand new welfare / rescued cross-Boerboel puppy just chewed up a stockcard with a set of SWA Aviation Gutter Pairs.

Steven Baker’s book on the SWA proofs says that 24 sets of horizontal Gutter Pairs exist. I beg to differ. I have the proof to prove him wrong about this. The actual number is now 23 sets.

Can a stamp dealer sue a dog that is underaged?

I must be getting soft as I am approaching the wrong side of being middle aged. The puppy got a treat as a reward and I will just put the price up next time I get one of these sets.

Regards

Jacques

mellowred    10
mellowred

The moral of this story Jacques ... is that you don't smoke enough! If only you had turned a few minutes earlier .... :razz:

Thanks for the entertaining story. Sorry about the proofs - only 24 sets (oopps 23) - makes them sound very valuable.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Oh dear, Jacques. Our labrador (Ruby) has just turned 1 year old and I am beginning to think we did the right thing by keeping her. There were times, especially when she was about 6 months old, that we wondered if we'd ever have a "normal" life again but peace is starting to reign supreme. She occasionally shreds roses off the bushes - thorns and all - and has bitten the heads of most of our portulacas. Seems to have a fetish for flowers but why, I don't know, because she doesn't eat them! Now if only we could convince her that it is not okay for her to jump all over any visitors ....! We've taken to giving visitors a wooden spoon as they walk through the front door and ask them to wave it at her while saying "down" as firmly as they can. If they don't have the wooden spoon in their hands then Ruby considers them free bait.