Sign in to follow this  
kinleroux

Buyer rates neg because buyer was to sick to go to post office

kinleroux    10
kinleroux

Now, I have seen some crazy posts and I have seen some really weird things from buyers but I must say this one takes first price.

Buyer rates me negative because he was to sick to pick up his order from the post office!

Best of all is that his package were posted in 2 days, and his tracking number send the same day. I can understand that some buyers might be new and not understand the system but Leondu got a rating of 158.

And then as expected got a cocky answer when I changed my rating to him.

Here is the comm:

1. I get rated negative: HAVE NOT REC ITEM

2. I reply to rating: You paid 20Nov, 22Nov we posted and send tracking no. Item was send back as no one picked up. I can resend but you will have to pay for postage again

3. I went and change my rating:This buyer rates neg for not receiving package although package were send in 2 days with tracking no. Package were returned as it was not picked up.

4. Get message from BOB messaging system:

WAS SICK WHAT NOW DO YOU REFUND OR WHAT

5. I now now going to send a message back:

You were sick and could not pick up your order but never the less rate me negative!!!

You have 2 choices:

a. Pay for shipping again - R31.10

b. I refund you as follows: R106.10 - shipping cost ( R31.10) - BOB commission on sale (R3.80) - BOB weekend special add cost (R5.00) - bank transfer fees (R1.48): Total: R61.41

The thing is - if this buyer where fair in his ratings and did not come back with an attitude we could have worked something out.

Is there not some policy against rating someone negative even due to their own doing?

Cheers.

Kin

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

This is the very reason why the new sales page is important.

All correspondence is recorded if your emails to the buyer are sent through the bidorbuy system so they can see exactly what transpired between you and the buyer.

Nevertheless,If you have proof of all correspondence send this to hello@bidorbuy.co.za and include the proof and I am sure Bob will remove any unfair rating.

wayjen    10
wayjen

I scratch my head sometimes at buyers and their responses to sales and or ratings. We get a positive rating but with a funny comment attached. Buyer is happy with product but says it took long to get to him/her. So I go and trace the parcel online and the item closed over a weekend and we say we post once a week so we post it on a Tuesday from Cape Town and it gets to Durban or was it Joburg on the wednesday yet the client only picked or got the notice a few days later.

How is the time delay our problem, what are tracking numbers for, as it seems some people have no idea what to do with them. The client could have got his/her parcel on the wednesday if they had tracked the parcel.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
I scratch my head sometimes at buyers and their responses to sales and or ratings. We get a positive rating but with a funny comment attached. Buyer is happy with product but says it took long to get to him/her. So I go and trace the parcel online and the item closed over a weekend and we say we post once a week so we post it on a Tuesday from Cape Town and it gets to Durban or was it Joburg on the wednesday yet the client only picked or got the notice a few days later.

How is the time delay our problem, what are tracking numbers for, as it seems some people have no idea what to do with them. The client could have got his/her parcel on the wednesday if they had tracked the parcel.

Oh, it's not only buyers who cause problems, believe you me! I've just bought some cheapie item for R100 plus over R50 postage and insurance, believing it to be what is known as, and listed as, a "mattress protector". What do I receive but a cheap thin plastic sheet. As neither MrAerospace nor I wet the bed (well not yet, anyway!) it's an absolute waste. Return it to her and pay more postage - more waste of money. So I rated her negatively because her listing did NOT clearly state that it was a thin plastic waterproof and not what is commonly known as a "mattress protector". She had rated me positively as I paid immediately - my only obligation to her - but when she got my negative rating she promptly rated me negatively, too. Revenge ratings are not allowed on BoB so of course I have appealed this. The fact that she has "blocked" me is neither here nor there - I would never trust her listings again as I do not appreciate paying a fair price for what I perceive to be something it is not but is, instead, junk.

It takes all types to make a world ...!

Edited by lilythepink

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I received this neutral rating today. How can you determine quality from a picture. Don't the buyers read the auction descriptions. I clearly stated jewelers brass clad in silver

Comment:

Service and delivery good. Product not the quality expected from the picture

by heathery (4)

Response:

The product is exactly as described. Please read the descriptions completely as quality cannot be determined from a picture.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

As for lily's negative rating--- Plastic should be stated on the auction page. She seems to expect you to get that from question and answers. What if no one asks that question.

Plastic in Africa?? Anyone would think twice about that--too hot

As for miss jewels--I would find "Clad in silver" then "Rodium plate" confusing.

"Clad in silver" would mean real silver plate over brass---cant be both

Edited by geewhizz

MrAerospace    10
MrAerospace

Misleading adverts, whether purposely deceptive or a mistake, are not fair to buyers. Sellers should not expect buyers (who may not have any questions) to rely on questions and answers for their products to sell - their listings should be explicit and honest in the first place!

voldermort    10
voldermort

I think it is very important as a seller to state exactly what you are selling ie: if a book has creasing, even though it can clearly be seen on the image...state it in the ad, if a DVD case has a slight scratch, state it in the ad etc etc etc. The more info you give in your item description the less chance you have of an unhappy buyer. Which is why as I said on another thread in my opinion it is always better to take pics of your own items and not rely on photos from the net which it seems a lot of sellers do.

In the case of a seller who has given a positive rating to a buyer and then receives a neg, I do believe that if they feel it is unjustified/uncalled for etc they should contact BoB to appeal the rating, but changing a rating from a positive to a neg because they were rated neg smacks of unprofessionalism.

All only my opinion, of course.

wayjen    10
wayjen

I must agree with voldermort that you must show everything or at least give a description of the article on auction. What boggles my mind is people still buying stuff where there is just a computer generated thumbnail and NO description. I guess with those items you either get something you wanted or something you don't.

Kit W    10
Kit W
Misleading adverts, whether purposely deceptive or a mistake, are not fair to buyers. Sellers should not expect buyers (who may not have any questions) to rely on questions and answers for their products to sell - their listings should be explicit and honest in the first place!

I agree whole-heartedly with the fact that in most cases a full description should be given concerning listings on BoB - in the case of stamps there is always a catalogue number and hopefully a decent scan of the item. In lily's case, surely the revenge rating should be removed - honesty and integrity are the qualities that should come out in a rating. I cannot see what the sellers revenge rating is based on - :rolleyes:

meeks    10
meeks
Oh, it's not only buyers who cause problems, believe you me! I've just bought some cheapie item for R100 plus over R50 postage and insurance, believing it to be what is known as, and listed as, a "mattress protector". What do I receive but a cheap thin plastic sheet. As neither MrAerospace nor I wet the bed (well not yet, anyway!) it's an absolute waste. Return it to her and pay more postage - more waste of money. So I rated her negatively because her listing did NOT clearly state that it was a thin plastic waterproof and not what is commonly known as a "mattress protector". She had rated me positively as I paid immediately - my only obligation to her - but when she got my negative rating she promptly rated me negatively, too. Revenge ratings are not allowed on BoB so of course I have appealed this. The fact that she has "blocked" me is neither here nor there - I would never trust her listings again as I do not appreciate paying a fair price for what I perceive to be something it is not but is, instead, junk.

It takes all types to make a world ...!

The listing in question clearly does NOT state that the mattress protector is waterproof (Plastic),I myself have bought mattress protectors (made of soft fabric) and in the store where I bought my items,the different mattress covers were CLEARLY marked, Vinyl (plastic like) -WATERPROOF, or alternatively toweling, or Quilted fabric. As another post in reply to this matter says; "what if no one asked a question on that particular listing"? then, prospective buyers would buy according to what they see advertised. Thus the onus is on the seller to fully describe and item for sale,even "just in case" no one asks whether it is plastic, metal, sponge, glass, or whatever the case may be

If I listed an acrylic bead kit, but neglect to mention in my listing that the items are acrylic,buyer gets the kit (expecting glass beads?) I would most definitely be in that buyer's bad books.

Lily, seems like you were "Revenge Rated" NOT allowed, when seller clearly did not describe the item fully.Hope BOB sorts this out for you.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

It seems we cannot view the actual item bought but there is another on her listings and it shows a made up bed with a very neat picture. The actual item is not shown in the main body which as far as I know is not allowed.

Probably a R20 Pep store job

meeks    10
meeks
It seems we cannot view the actual item bought but there is another on her listings and it shows a made up bed with a very neat picture. The actual item is not shown in the main body which as far as I know is not allowed.

Probably a R20 Pep store job

I searched the sellers sold listings, until I found the one Lily had bid on. was 26 January if I am not mistaken

All the listings for that item, by the seller, have the same picture - a made up bed.

Edited by meeks
spelling

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
I searched the sellers sold listings, until I found the one Lily had bid on. was 26 January if I am not mistaken

All the listings for that item, by the seller, have the same picture - a made up bed.

Guess we need to run down to the local 'gizmo' shop and buy a pair of x-ray vision glasses....which we can place right next to our crystal ball.

Edited by Not1CentMore

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

You guys are good sleuths! We'll see what BoB have to say about this tomorrow! Thanks for all your support with a rather contentious matter!

JPBon    10
JPBon

Having seen the item Lily received on my recent overnight stay with them, I have seen thicker Jiffy Bags. Lily I could have sold you a few bin Liners they are probably thicker than the plastic sheet you received.

MrAerospace    10
MrAerospace

It's interesting - just did a search on this seller's items and see she's removed all her listings about the "mattress protector" which is in fact a thin plastic, waterproof sheet and of very poor quality indeed if the one Lily received is anything to go by.

I don't recall ever wetting my bed and I know Lily doesn't wet the bed either, so what we would do with a waterpoof sheet of such poor quality beats me. Perhaps I could turn it into a kite but, being so thin, the plastic wouldn't last long in any breeze! Any suggestions? :idea:

mellowred    10
mellowred
I think it is very important as a seller to state exactly what you are selling ie: if a book has creasing, even though it can clearly be seen on the image...state it in the ad ...

I state in all my listing that the camera DOES lie sometimes. Some of the pictures I take make things look brand new (no I'm not a good photographer ... LOL). Descriptions are vital.

....What boggles my mind is people still buying stuff where there is just a computer generated thumbnail and NO description.

I also look at those sellers listings and wonder how they manage to sell anything ... but they do ... weird :wtf:

I noticed that the seller refers to the Q&A section in other ratings too. Also noted she has several bad ratings for inferior products. Why waste everyones time?

The main reason people shop on the internet is that in most cases you end up with a bargain. The only way to maintain sales is for the seller to take into account that the buyer is going to incur postage costs - selling cheap junk is a worthless excercise.

As to "mattress covers" I have two. One is a soft stretchy double lined protector. The other is made of a ultra strong boilable paper like fabric and is waterproof. Neither have a hint of plastic.

In this heat I'd need a waterproof liner if I had to sleep on plastic.

wayjen    10
wayjen

I thought I had punctured my waterbed once, until I realised I didn't have one.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
I thought I had punctured my waterbed once, until I realised I didn't have one.

Sounds like you need my dud "mattress protector", Wayne! Interestingly, on the packaging it is called a "mattress cover"! I think that if the cat jumped on the bed it would tear immediately because it is such thin crap. Like JP said, a jiffy bag is thicker and a few of those sticky-taped together would give better mattress protection than the item I received!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Pop open the champagne and drink a toast to CW on BoB! I am back to 100% positive ratings. I am so happy to report that CW is absolutely fair! Bless you all.