Sign in to follow this  
shellbee

Crazy Wednesday auction deleted 10 minutes before scheduled closing time

shellbee

I was about to bid on this item about 10 minutes before it closed... was watching the item and when I refreshed the page in order to place my bid the seller had just deleted the item! Is this allowed? Here is the link to the item.....unfortunately it only shows the auction number and not the sellers name (I did not take much notice of the sellers name) :twisted:

The item with Id 32306927 has been deleted.

JPBon

If there were no bids on the item then yes it is allowed

shellbee

There were already 3 bids on the item...it was an Empisal overlocker...value showed at R2899.00 and highest bid was R220.oo when it was deleted. Clearly not allowed. I am not sure how to bring it to the attention of whoever is now responsible at Bob for policing these issues as the item has been deleted.

JPBon

just thought of something we cannot delete items we can only close them.

Deleted means that someone at bid or buy deleted the item.

shellbee

Mmmmmmm....sounds very dodgy to me :suspicious: I haven't sold for a while on Bob but I do recall that we used to have the option of deleting or closing. Perhaps I will email Morne :idea:

JPBon

shellbee Morne left bob months ago

shellbee

Oops :embarrest: Can't think of the name of the gentleman I used to deal with...met him once at a top sellers dinner here in Cape Town. It will come to me (eventually)

Cali Craft and Gems

If there were bids on the item, that means the seller had to delete each bid with a "reason" before deleting the listing itself.

In this circumstance, it is definitely frowned upon by BoB!

The best is to send an email to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za stating the listing number and your "side" of the story (waiting to last minute to bid, etc).

I've personally dealt with Bertus on a few issues and he is a great help!

admin

Hi Shellbee,

Another bidder has also reported the item. The seller says he noticed that the box was damaged on one side while wrapping it, opened it and noticed that the overlocker was cracked.

shellbee

Thanks, Cali Craft ....will do! I am so sure the seller just did not want the item to sell for a little as the bids were, just not acceptable. I sold dozens and dozens of items below cost...you make up for it on other items. just remembered the gentleman's name ...... Cuan:idea:

shellbee

Thanks admin :grin:

brands online

Chances are it'll be up for auction next week or the week thereafter.:sneaky:

Superglue they say does wonders :razz:

shellbee

My thoughts, precisely Brands.......glad you said it. I'm sure admin will be watching :smile:

lilythepink

The whole overlocker thing sounds extremely suspect to me! It will be most interesting to see whether it's going to come up again somewhere on BoB!

Miss Jewels

I wonder why he/she was wrapping it before it was sold? I only do my wrapping and packaging after the money has been received....

Hi Shellbee,

Another bidder has also reported the item. The seller says he noticed that the box was damaged on one side while wrapping it, opened it and noticed that the overlocker was cracked.

lilythepink
I wonder why he/she was wrapping it before it was sold? I only do my wrapping and packaging after the money has been received....

And not only that ... before listing a seller usually (and should!) check what he/she is selling. This whole situation is, IMO, suspect!

shellbee

:blink1: