Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

Deception at it's maximum!

Cali Craft and Gems

See listing:

Tanzanites - 4.003 CT Tanzanite " AAA Heart Shaped Blue Violet " for sale in Welkom (ID:32290753)

What drew my attention was the image - the gem pictured is enormous - take note of the size of the gem vs the hand pictured. Then the small print in the listing states: "Please note picture might be a stock photo and not of the acctual stone."

Using the links provided in the listing, I ended up at a seller on eBay and went through his completed listings for Tanzanite - lo and behold I found the image of the "gem" concerned - a US $50000 gemstone which IS massive. (apologies to Admin about the below link, but it is to prove the point)

103.68ct Museum Size Heart AAA Violetish Blue Tanzanite - eBay (item 370469904093 end time Jan-25-11 23:41:06 PST)

Ultimately the buyer is being lead like a donkey to the slaughterhouse if they go by "image" alone! The image is what attracted my attention initally, but what on earth will the winning bidder actually receive as the seller does NOT give sizes of the gem being sold!

PS. Shipping anywhere in SA is only R200 for this item!

:oh:

Edited by Cali Craft and Gems

Lukeness

I would also be very interested in seeing the actual stone and comparing it both to the image and the specs given in the listing.

Wild Olive Art

Buyers who go by image alone on anything they buy are asking for trouble. Any buyer with a degree of intelligence would check the item listing and ask questions if the listing detail was not clear enough. People who spend their money irresponsibly and rely only on the images of a product deserve to be lead to the slaughterhouse. Over and over people are cautioned when it comes to purchasing online and yet so many don't take heed of the warnings.

Considering the listing detail ( size stated as 4.003ct) and the fact that this seller has stated that the photo may be a stock photo I really do not believe this is intentional deception and certainly not " deception at it's maximum" although it really would be wise for the seller to show a photo of the actual stone he is selling as well as give the dimensions in mm , if for no other reason than to protect himself from buyers who have stupidly bought on image alone.

Vegar

What does the seller mean when they say the picture MAY be a stock photo ??? Don't they know ???

I agree with Cali - there is intentional deception going on here:

Check feedback

1.25 CT ROUND & PRINCESS DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING 14K (R55265.00)

30 Dec 2010

1x1_trans.gifpoor communication, appraisal value extremely over rated - by mun33r (3)

Is there not a rule that pictures must be of the actual item sold? :wondering: