Sign in to follow this  
anerstemens

False advertising can the I.T guys help me out here please...

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

I saw this add, Desktops with No Monitor - >>> CRAZY R1 START!!! BRAND NEW & READY TO BLOW YOU AWAY!! XTREME GAMING LIGHTNING FAST!! <<< for sale in Kroonstad (ID:32238626)

First off all half the specs are missing from this add, next the pc is being sold as a gaming pc, or graphic designing pc I think anyone in the I.T trade who build pc`s on a regular basis would tell you the board being used g41 with onboard graphics is not going to be worth using for gaming or designing , see the questions 4 users want to know what graphics card are being used, no questions get answered the auction is only a day and a half, wow that’s horrible if I was selling a “gaming” pc on auction for only one day and a half at least would answer the questions because I would know I was going to get some selling a product like that. What do you guys think?

If I’m wrong please send me the full specs missing from the advertisement and I will apologise without thinking twice about it.

this is not ayoba, ayoba

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

lightning fast 1gb of ram wow!

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Suggest that you send a PM to ClickandShip about this... since this is her other selling outlet on BoB!

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

EXACTLY AS PICTURED!! its says in the add but only 1 gb of ram is being sold yet a 2gb ram module is placed as a picture.

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

:grin: no comments?

wayjen    10
wayjen

hmmmm, you didn't expect anyone to answer you did you?

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

still waiting for someone to reply who agree`s or disagree`s

dstorm    10
dstorm
Suggest that you send a PM to ClickandShip about this... since this is her other selling outlet on BoB!

Are we allowed to have two accounts now/

Regards

Jacques

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

dstorm some are it looks like, I know she has permission from bob thought.

admin    0
admin
Are we allowed to have two accounts now/

Regards

Jacques

Hi Jacques,

For a year or two now....

1. Only Verified sellers with ratings over 95% positive are eligible (approval at bidorbuy’s discretion)

2. You need to email communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za to request or apply for the additional account (we will need to know what the intended purpose of the account will be and the username you wish to use.

3. The second account will be afforded verified user status, but we reserve the right to withdraw this for whatever reason or if you contravene any bidorbuy rules.

4. If you do not apply via communitywatch, you may not create an additional account.

5. We reserve the right to decline any application if we deem fit.

6. You may not use the additional account to purchase or bid on your original user account (no shill bidding or buying from the other account)

7. Our decision on the application will be final and no discussion will be entered into thereafter.

8. Standard rules and terms of use apply to the second account.

9. You may not sell the same items/products as the first account.

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

look at this one she sold: Cases & Towers - >>> GORGEOUS 450WATT ATX GAMING CASE!! CHECK THIS OUT!! <<< was sold for R256.00 on 15 Dec at 23:46 by Ayoba OnlineShopping in Kroonstad (ID:30088807)

Now look at the comment she got:

Negative rating for >>> GORGEOUS 450WATT ATX GAMING CASE...

14 Jan 2011

Comment:

Not a gaming case. Standard case with power supply forced in. Chassis bent. Screws missing. This is false advertising.

by JaysenN (79 )

Response:

I did send an email explaining that the case had been packaged incorrectly before i sent it in reply to yours. Appologised & offered to replace??

dstorm    10
dstorm

Thanks Andries

I forgot about Point Three.

As soon as I get some ink for my printer I will also apply to get verified.

Thanks again.

Regards

Jacques

ClickandShip    10
ClickandShip
look at this one she sold: Cases & Towers - >>> GORGEOUS 450WATT ATX GAMING CASE!! CHECK THIS OUT!! <<< was sold for R256.00 on 15 Dec at 23:46 by Ayoba OnlineShopping in Kroonstad (ID:30088807)

Now look at the comment she got:

Negative rating for >>> GORGEOUS 450WATT ATX GAMING CASE...

14 Jan 2011

Comment:

Not a gaming case. Standard case with power supply forced in. Chassis bent. Screws missing. This is false advertising.

by JaysenN (79 )

Response:

I did send an email explaining that the case had been packaged incorrectly before i sent it in reply to yours. Appologised & offered to replace??

Ah, but did you note the 9 Positive Ratings from buyers that received this gaming case?? No, because you choose to search out the 1 mistake, and if you must know, there were actually 2 mistakes where my supplier sent Normal ATX cases packaged into 2160 Boxes, I did not check the contents and sent them out, its just that the other buyer actually contacted me first before leaving negative feedback and I sent the replacement off immediately. Have you really nothing better to do with your time than attack sellers based on your opinion of a product?? I will contact BeadsandBaubles and are her to respond to this thread with feedback based on her purchase of this exact Dual Core machine, lets see if the ACTUAL BUYER of the machine feels that there was false advertising involved??

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

So you stil think thats a gaming and designing computer?

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

a case does not mean it is a gaming computer getting someone to comment on this thread that might not know allot about computers is useless , get a qualified I.t engineer or technician to tell me that’s a gaming or designing pc and ill apologise gladly

ClickandShip    10
ClickandShip

Since this thread will soon be closed due to it becoming confrontational, let me say my piece before that.

Firstly, I would like to point out to the poster as well as as to any reader, forum member, and any potential buyer that may be negatively influenced by the contents of this post, - The PUBLIC ACCUSATION of False Advertising, or any other transgression of Law that may directly or indirectly deprive and individual or business from a financial income relating to the product or service represented within such accusation rendered by an individual or business entity having been found NOT TO EVER HAVE HAD RELATIONS OR TRANSACTIONS RELATING TO PUBLIC CLAIMS BEING MADE is in direct trangression of the law and is by law performing a criminal act being accountable and prosecutable by such. - Direct quote from the Public Prosecutor, Magistrates Offices. Kroonstad.

Secondly, as the trading forum for this item is Bid or Buy, and your opinion is that there has been a trangression of the rules, then the appropriate step would be to notify a BidorBuy representative for further investigation.

Thirdly, It must be said. I, as an individual, have been through a slight hiccup in my personal life that had for a time, influenced my dealings on bid or buy, this is in the past and I am now moving forward, the witch hunt is over. Get with the program. I will not live in an appologetic and less than dignified light because of past occurences. Any outstanding issues, as well as those that may arrise will be dealt with between myself and BidorBuy.

And in answer to your question, when I advertise a Celeron 430 1.8Ghz, with 512mb ram and a 40gb hard drive as a Gaming PC, then by all means, have your say.

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

I’m not confronting you as person just saying the board being used g41 is a entry level board, 1gb of ram is not sufficient for gaming and that with on board graphics you will not be happy designing on. I don’t care about any personal issue’s and threatening me with action from the law will get you no where, stop being so defensive and answer the questions I ask straight forward and if I`m wrong everyone can then see it here.

LikeNeedWant    10
LikeNeedWant

Surely the issue here is whether this can be called a multimedia powerhouse?

The processing speed is great, but as a graphic designer myself I wouldn't use anything with onboard graphics and only 1GB of RAM. It meets the minimum system requirements of Adobe Creative Suite, but Photoshop on its own gobbles up a lot of RAM, and to open Illustrator while Photoshop is still open will slow the PC down to a crawl. I'm not a gamer, so cannot comment on how this setup would fair when playing games.

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

Watch this:

2.8 + 2.8 = 5.6 true

production + production = 2x production also true

and 2.8ghz + 2.8Ghz = 5.6Ghz

production of (1 person) + (1person) = 1person 2X

not true

(it also depends on the idividualality of the two people combined and the environment) you may get 3X production or better, or you may still only get production.

While any knowledgeable person knows that 2.8ghz dual core does not equal that of a 5.6ghz singlecore the general public does not. This is a ploy as old as dirt, 'Let the buyer beware'. It is morally wrong...POOR BUYER who bought it thinking he/she got this amazing single core processor. Which doesn't exist anyway.

And I know you guys aren't trying to compare apples to oranges again are you?

Edited by anerstemens
spelling

kebs    10
kebs

Is it just me, or is there an aggressive tone here?