Sign in to follow this  
kebs

Buyers responses to SNC's..

kebs

So we've all had them - the ridiculous excuses for non-payment.. I thought I'd share a few - feel free to add your own, we all need a good laugh sometime! :smile:

1) "hey dude, cancel my order, I can't pay online" .. What I wanted to reply was "so why buy online when all payment methods are clearly shown", but I diplomatically informed him that if he reads the description, he can also pay by direct cash deposit at any Std Bank branch..

2) "Please cancel, I didn't realise I had actually bought it".... Seriously?! How many times in the checkout does the system check with you if you want to purchase & confirm etc.. Nevermind the fact that you clicked on a "buy now" icon to get to those screens.. :smile1:

3) "I asked you to cancel the sale".. Yes, that's why the reason on the SNC is buyer & seller mutually agreed to cancel the sale.. Is reading that much of a challenge?! :wtf:

4) "I really wanted this, but I can't pay for it".... Nevermind, I run a charity organisation, so I'll send it for free.. Did you have the money a week ago when you bought? & If so, why didn't you pay for your purchase then before you spent the money?!!? :evil: & If you didn't have the money, what on earth did you think would happen?

5) "My friend used my account & bought this".... Then tell your friend to pay & let that teach you to give out your account info!!! Or fess up & admit it was actually you, but you couldn't some up with any other excuse - see above for examples..

6) "I've changed my mind, I don't want this anymore"... Good for you - no doubt it required a manual change.. :sneaky: You bought it, no-one forced you to, deal with it!

Please note that except for number 3, these are responses to SNCs filed - no contact before the filing, & no reponse to any emails I send them..

lilythepink

Well, don't forget about the buyer who doesn't read the postage and then gets uptight when he emails you to ask for postage costs and, when you tell him to refer to the listing, gets even more uptight and tells you to provide proper customer service and demands that you (the seller) state the postage costs. It was so tempting to treble the costs but, being honest, I just send him a copy of the listing page with the postage. He's paid, item has been sent and I hope that's the end of it!

Mad about Jack

My favorite was "at the time of bidding I could afford it, but not now two weeks later when the auction closed, can we make arrangement for month end ( three and a half weeks later)

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Heres a good one!!"Sorry ,i read your terms as 72 days for payment and not 72 hours,i really want the item,can you please keep it for me until i have the money,should be in about 2 months time"!!!HUH???

neil

kebs
My favorite was "at the time of bidding I could afford it, but not now two weeks later when the auction closed, can we make arrangement for month end ( three and a half weeks later)

So then keep the money until the auction ends?!!?

bitesize

at to the list after a snc has been filed "hi i didn't get your banking details so i couldn't pay". hmm, ever heard of communication? it's the latest technology.

kebs

Not only that, all banking info is on the site, if they would just complete the order!! Very complicated stuff to just follow the instructions on screen, I know, but it's worth a shot!

Little Miss Muffet

I have very few SNC'S but the buyers who do not pay normally get cobbled up by the computer mouse and land up in outer space ,board a UFO and disappear forever.