Sign in to follow this  
bitesize

i've got a headache from this

bitesize    10
bitesize

so this got out of hand. thanks to everyone who provided solutions, especially pieter (i think it was). yours was a solution for both buyer and seller (providing a listing with the specific items the buyer wanted). through all the messages i was sent via the buyer it only came to my attention when looking to delete the bid that the buyer hadn't even bid on any of my listings. how did it get to this?

there is a serious lacking of communication between buyers and sellers, can anyone suggest an idea on how to improve this? the buyer said that there wasn't any other way to contact the seller other than through a listing. can bid or buy set up a system similar to ebay where sellers and buyers can better communicate via private messages but without releasing personal info?

a bombardment of messages can mess up what would have been a clear conversation.

i guess this is just another lesson learned as a seller, check every single bid and question relating to the bid or buy now option. i don't agree with the buyer about discussing in private if a sale hasn't been made, but i also don't agree with the person who let out the buyer's personal info.

this is not an opening for a debate on this buyer, it's an opening for a discussion on how to prevent this from happening again. so any ideas?

JPBon    10
JPBon

Normally the question and answer thing is sufficient in my experience. The reasons why a messaging system isnt in place is quite obvious that it would lead to people trying to circumvent paying fees.

Most buyers and sellers dont seem to have a problem with the Q&A system, Ive had my fair share of sometimes obvious questions but one can deal with them in a civilized manner.

The one thing that always stuns me is how many people have never read both Bobs terms and conditions as well as the forum policies.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I've had prospective buyers contact me via the Q & A section on any open item and just refer to the item they're interested in. So even if the item had closed, or even been sold to another buyer, there are means to communicate relating to any item. I think that the Q & A section is also a means to protect both buyer and seller should there be a need. Auction terms and conditions should also be very clearly stated as to the what, where, when and how of the item. eg. "I reserve the right...." The clearer and more stipulated the details, the less problems in the future. Questions should only be for additional information not supplied in the detailed auction. Questions that could become problematic should be refered to Admin, before answering, so that the correct information and advise be obtained. As soon as an answer is given to the specific question, it becomes available for all to see. Often, this is where many misunderstandings and unhappiness starts.

bitesize    10
bitesize

sometimes buyers don't read the warning part when submitting a question when it comes to privacy. i have also had obvious questions. i try to see the listing from a buyer's view, but i guess sometimes it's not always that clear. well, the frustration has abated, we carry on. i contacted bid or buy because i wanted to know what my next step should be, kinda feel sorry for them :grin:. thanks for replying Miss Jewels.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
...communicate via private messages but without releasing personal info?

Only if both buyer and seller are both forum members, then the private message (PM) facility is really useful :smile:

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Thats not likely to happen here!!

NEIL

bitesize    10
bitesize
Only if both buyer and seller are both forum members, then the private message (PM) facility is really useful :smile:

hmm can that really happen? i didn't know that.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
hmm can that really happen? i didn't know that.

If you click on a forum member's name it gives you the option to private message them (amongst other things). There are other ways to PM them as well - look at the top left of the screen and you'll see

Simply compose a PM and type in the forum member's name, push send and voila!

Bob's your uncle (LOL! - always wanted an opportunity to write that here)

bitesize    10
bitesize
If you click on a forum member's name it gives you the option to private message them (amongst other things). There are other ways to PM them as well - look at the top left of the screen and you'll see

Simply compose a PM and type in the forum member's name, push send and voila!

lol thanks, l learned something new today.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
If you click on a forum member's name it gives you the option to private message them ...

You've got an uncle in the Bid or Buy store ...

bitesize    10
bitesize

just wanted to say thanks to the BoB admin team for checking up on the situation. it's nice to know that buyers and sellers aren't left to deal with these situations on their own. i must admit that the end result did suprise me :laugh:. but everything is resolved with all parties happy.

Mad about Jack    10
Mad about Jack

Also if the Q&A doesnt work out you can contact the very helpful Bob team (details in the Contact Us at the top of the page) and they will gladly assist where possible.