Sign in to follow this  
Celebrity Jewels

Bill De Waal Passed Away.

Celebrity Jewels    10
Celebrity Jewels

To All gemstone Forum Members:

As you may have heard from other posts our dear Bill (ADMIN) has passed away and from this loss it will be difficult to recover!

Bill has played an active part in our Gemstone forum always promoting fairness and good advice - a true Gem himself. Below is a letter received from his sister Wendy today:

Sunday, 24 August 2008

Dear Friends (from Wendy, Bill de Waal’s sister)

This is the most difficult letter I have ever had to write. It is with deep regret and a life in turmoil that I have to impart my saddest news to you:

My brother, Bill de Waal, passed away on Friday 22 August in a local hospital.

On Thursday mid-morning, 21 August, a friend had found him in severe pain in his apartment and he was rushed to a local MediCross Clinic. He was subsequently admitted to a local hospital. His condition was diagnosed as kidney stones and treatment was immediately started. Without delay I left Harrismith to be with him and find out about his condition. He was drowsy and in pain, but spoke to me. It was clear to me that his condition was serious. As it is a training hospital with very good doctors and trained nursing staff, I knew he was in good care.

However, at 06h00 on Friday morning I received a phone call from the hospital, informing me that Bill had passed away at 03h20 that morning. The doctor on duty had seen him at 01h00 and been satisfied with his condition. He contacted me when I was at the hospital on Friday morning as he wanted to speak to me personally.

The doctor was gentle and explained to me that Bill’s death was a shock to them as his condition, as diagnosed, could not lead to sudden, unexpected death. On my request he arranged an autopsy which will take place this Monday morning (25 August). This will help me, my family and friends, which include all of you, to find closure.

The memorial service has been arranged for Friday 29 August at the Pretoria North Methodist Church, Eeufees Street, at 11h00.

Dear friends, it is going to take a long time to work through this sudden loss of my only sibling, only 15 months my junior. We were very close and shared each others joys and sorrows in life. We all though, have wonderful memories of an amazing man with many talents, skills, interests and abilities. He is going to be missed for his beautiful sense of humour, his knowledge and advice, his wonderful story-telling, cooking skills and above all for his interest in our lives and his love.

It is from the Source of Life, God the Father, Jesus our Saviour and the Holy Spirit that we draw our strength and comfort at this time. And it is with joy that I know Bill knew God and had made a commitment to Jesus in his life.

This e-mail address will remain open under my care for a while. Please feel free to contact me on this address if you wish.

Yours sincerely,

Wendy.

May we all keep Wendy in our thoughts and prayers for the tragic loss of our main Man Bill.

Please add your comments on this thread.

Regards

Brian

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Since I first heard the news about Bill, every time I read anything on the forum mentioning his name, the tears just flow.

I never knew him personally, but he was always quick with advice and guidance - especially in my early days online - and so helpful and full of praise as my little business progressed.

I feel like I have lost a long-time friend and my thoughts, prayers and love go out to all who knew him - he is sorely missed.

And to Wendy, you were blessed to have such a wonderful person as your sibling - may your memories together be treasured forever.

Janet

Southerns    10
Southerns

I also met Bill through the forum and will miss our chatting in the forum and via PM.

He was one of the first to welcome me and to correct, no lets make that guide me on my way here.

After he learnt that I was a website designer he approached me to ask

if I could help with a website for a charity he was helping.

I of course said that I would, but before we could finalise things he was taken from us.

I have arranged with this charity to add Bill's name in the credits for the site,

so that others to can see how caring a person he was.

http://www.hopehousechildcare.org bottom left of each page.

This is as I will remember him always looking for ways to help others.

Bill you will be sorely missed by the forum and the world is definitely a

little bit poorer now after your moving on.

May the Lord bless you Bill and I Pray you rest in peace.

I am proud to have been a friend of yours.

motherearth    10
motherearth

Whilst I did not know Bill, I would like to offer my sincere condolences to all his family.

kind regards

Jeff.

SkyeCreations    10
SkyeCreations

Bill will never be forgotten. He was a friend and an inspiration to me. Rest in Peace dear friend. My condolences to the family.

to All,

Just to let you Know, Andries donated his reward to the "Hope House Project"

See the Chat forum.

Celebrity Jewels    10
Celebrity Jewels

Hi Herman

I and Jeff, motherearth, will soon be doing a charity auction for this cause.

What reward from Community Watch are you talking about? How does one actually get one?

Regards

Brian

Hi Herman

I and Jeff, motherearth, will soon be doing a charity auction for this cause.

What reward from Community Watch are you talking about? How does one actually get one?

Regards

Brian

You must Get bob to administrate the Charity Auction. And Give feedback on the funds raised.

Community watch award..

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/viewtopic.php?p=58307#58307

Celebrity Jewels    10
Celebrity Jewels

Hi Herman

Awesome, I never saw that post before. Well done Andries and good on you. May Hope House be blessed.

Regards

Brian

motherearth    10
motherearth

Brian, let me know how we are going to proceed with this?

Jeff.

qball    10
qball

Hi All

I know that Southerns was involved in the Hope House project, and was interested in setting something up, maybe drop him a pm.

Kind regards

Cuan

Lukeness    10
Lukeness

Brian,

Drop me a message with some more details. I'd be happy to donate stones for the charity auction.

Southerns    10
Southerns

Hi folks

I am busy getting something official from Jackie,

The finance officer from the body that governs Hope House.

As soon as this is done and it has been cleared with Morne

I will let you know whats happening

Celebrity Jewels    10
Celebrity Jewels

Charity Auction

Hi Fellow Bobbers

The Charity Auction for Hope House in honour of our dear friend Bill De Waal has just this minute gone live. It has taken some time to get passed by the Hope House board as all must be above board for raising funds and also for the Bidorbuy team. Thanks to Cuan for his assistance here and for waiving the success fees so more can go towards the cause.

See it here -

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/Item.jsp?Trade_TradeId=9235259

And the proceeds going to http://www.hopehousechildcare.org/about.htm which was very close to Bills heart and he along with Shane (Southerns) got the website up. Andries also donated his R500 reward from Community Watch to the cause. These kids need our help and deserve a chance in life so please dig deep guys.

The Ruby was jointly donated by myself and Jeff (MOTHEREARTH). Trust me when I say that this is a very fine Ruby and may the proceeds of this auction bless those at Hope House.

Regards

Brian

Celebrity Jewels    10
Celebrity Jewels

CHARITY AUCTION

Hi Fellow Bobbers

The Charity Auction for Hope House in honour of our dear friend Bill De Waal has just this minute gone live. It has taken some time to get passed by the Hope House board as all must be above board for raising funds and also for the Bidorbuy team. Thanks to Cuan for his assistance here and for waiving the success fees so more can go towards the cause.

See it here -

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/Item.jsp?Trade_TradeId=9235259

And the proceeds going to http://www.hopehousechildcare.org/about.htm which was very close to Bills heart and he along with Shane (Southerns) got the website up. Andries also donated his R500 reward from Community Watch to the cause. These kids need our help and deserve a chance in life so please dig deep guys.

The Ruby was jointly donated by myself and Jeff (MOTHEREARTH). Trust me when I say that this is a very fine Ruby and may the proceeds of this auction bless those at Hope House.

Regards

Brian

Celebrity Jewels    10
Celebrity Jewels

Hi All

I am happy to report that my & Motherearths charity auction for Hope House has now reached the R3000 mark with a few days still to go. This will mean a descent amount going to Hope House.

Thank you all for the support!

Regards

Brian

Celebrity Jewels    10
Celebrity Jewels

Hi All,

I am very pleased to announce that Myself and Jeff (Motherearth) have managed to hand over just over R9000-00 to the Hope House Charity in memory for our great friend Bill De Wall. This was due to the winning bidder of the Ruby - Josiane from Switzerland, kindly giving a lot more than the winning bid to go to the children of Hope House. the Lord bless her and her generosity!

Thank you Josiane and all the bidders on the auction. It was a great experience and very exciting.

Regards

Brian

Southerns    10
Southerns

I have setup up a repettitive auction for Hope House.

(An Orphanage that was very close to Bill's heart)

You will get a certificate to show that you supported them.

This is a sample of the certificate.

hopehouse.jpg

It is for R25 and you can take as many as you want,

This way its affordable to all.

No matter how many you take, you still only get 1 certificate.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/Item.jsp?Trade_TradeId=10403184

Please support these children they need it.

Make it a Christmas to remember for them.