Sign in to follow this  
OScrapKits

User "katchuli" blacklisted

OScrapKits

I wonder if the admins or whoever could perhaps shed some light on an issue I am having.

The user "katchuli" was blacklisted and thus their bids on my auction 31759307 were deleted. Now having a -1 rating when he bid I almost deleted his bid, but I thought, wait a minute, lets go see if his neg ratings are jusified. Turns out he only had the one neg rating and it was a bitter seller who was upset cos the guy didn't want to buy his TV. So I thought, fair enough, no harm no foul, let the auction run to the end.

Now the poor guy appears to have been blacklisted simply because he hasn't paid for an item within 2 days of the auction closing! I mean really, that is not fair! The seller has rated negatively without following proper procedures, nowhere in his product description does the seller specify a time limit within something should be paid for. See Fridge & Freezers - AEG Prestige double door fridge non operational was sold for R850.00 on 26 Jan at 13:01 by Roryohagan13 in Johannesburg (ID:31849305) for reference.

Fair enough "katchuli" has committed the ultimate faux pas in leaving his telephone number in the reply to the rating, but surely someone could just delete that and warn the guy? I really don't think this is a fair black listing at all. Some sellers and buyers get away with a lot more before they are blacklisted!!!!

admin

Hi OScrapKits,

Is this pure speculation on your part, or did the blacklisted katchuli tell you that ?

OScrapKits

Like I said, I am hoping someone can shed some light on this. I cannot contact Katchuli as he has not won an auction of mine and can't now due to his blacklisting.

admin

Thank you, I was just wondering, it still amazes me what stories blacklisted users can come up with....

The user has 2 negative ratings out of 5 items bought. He did not pay for the tv you mentioned, because, in his own words " It was a very old tv which I can not use at home." That was the reply he gave to the sellers negative rating after he read the item description and still went ahead and bought the tv. He did not get a negative rating for not paying in time, it was for not wanting to conclude the sale.

1x1_trans.gifNegative rating for AKAI 37 cm TV with remote

22 Jan 2011

Comment: says it is too small it is what was advertized have to relist

by treva19 (285 rating3.gif)

Response: It was a very old tv which I can not use at home.

He had 2 negatives out of 5 items bought with pending SNC's for items not paid for, consequently he was blacklisted for negative ratings.

Hope that clears it up :wink:

p.s. I have removed his cell number from the rating.

OScrapKits

But he was rated negatively for not paying within 2 days on the fridge. However with pending SNC's on other items then that does clear the matter for me. Thanks so much!

PS - even though he did leave his number publicly I will not use numbers unless I get them in a legitimate fashion, ie at the conclusion of auctions... It all comes down to integrity...

admin

PS - even though he did leave his number publicly I will not use numbers unless I get them in a legitimate fashion, ie at the conclusion of auctions... It all comes down to integrity...

Glad I could help.

The thought never crossed my mind, I deleted his number because you mentioned it.

ClickandShip

Hello Andries (~^,)

admin
Hello Andries (~^,)

Wat het ek gedoen ?

ClickandShip
Wat het ek gedoen ?

Dis wat ek wil weet... Nee, ek het net baie aan jou gedink die laaste ruk en elke keer as ek op is, is jy nie hier nie of jy's net stil, maar ek gaan nou slaapies so ek sal jou later weer moet terg. (^^,)

lilythepink
Wat het ek gedoen ?

You want us to tell you what you've done. Now, isn't that a sign of a guilty conscience? What have you been up to? :grin:

Mad about Jack

Wasnt me I promise!

lilythepink
Wasnt me I promise!

Not me either! And The Beak holds himself innocent, too!