Sign in to follow this  
Reynet Trading

Is this allowed ?

Guest Guest

Man, let me tell you. one of the users even puts wrong VERY NICE SHINY photos of phones on listings with poegaai old phones theyre selling, trying to trick buyers. And they charge + - 500 rand for "shipping" from International

chris2_0

Yes! I have a problem with misrepresenting sales like that!

And now I've gotten a negative rating from this guy (or girl) - while we are still discussing his (her?) sale tactics by e-mail!

Pretty low blow & maybe indicative of the the seller's morals and ethics? Would be VERY wary of doing business with them again, if ever...

And it's people like that that can give BoB a bad name - so yeah, what can I say? Thinking of calling it quiets and never buying or selling on BoB again...

lilythepink

I love icy's calling the old phones "poegaai"! Most appropriate.

chris2_0

Jip, pretty classic!

On a serious not - how does one cancel your BoB membership? I've had enough of BoB's protection of certain sellers over others & think it's time to move on...

brands online
I like the arrogance in the first paragraph....

Q: Why dont you start your phones at R1 anymore?

A: The answer is simple. Due to the lack of bids we have decided not to do R1 auctions anymore. Most of the buyers nowadays want to pay nothing and expect to received top Quality items. If you want a quality item you need to be willing to pay a reasonable price. We have therefore put all the phones on Buy It Now or Best offer. This will encourage the BARGAIN HUNTERS out there to start paying more for an item or simply go without.

Bwahahahahahahahhahahhaahhaha!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Guest bob admin
Jip, pretty classic!

On a serious not - how does one cancel your BoB membership? I've had enough of BoB's protection of certain sellers over others & think it's time to move on...

Hi chris2_0,

You send an email to communitywacth@bidorbuy.co.za with your request.

Thank you.

chris2_0

Thanks!

Here's the last I'll say on the matter - if there was any doubt that Blackberry4U and Calton Phones are the same company - please check the "legal" letter from the owner of Calton, for a transaction I did with Blackberry4U!

Anybody from BoB reading this?

2011-03-22_142052_GMAIL.jpg.79899a9458a855ed56113aed836ca7f5.jpg

chris2_0

Man, doesn't these guys ever stop? Another one - this time threatening me with ITC for 5 years...

Man, I know BoB's rules are - bid on it and you have to pay for it, but c'mon - this was seriously misrepresented!

& BoB is curiously very quite on this! Why I wonder?

2011-03-22_161656_GMAIL.jpg.dd49b1cb49bddb72a2728be657d5af45.jpg

Seeds for Africa

Hi Chris

I would send a complaint to community watch regarding this letter. They are threatening you with something that a) They cant carry out and b) over a misrepresented item. I saw in an earlier post that Cuan said he would be addressing this seller as Bob management werent happy either.

From personal experience I find bidorbuy very transparent and when there is an issue they do address it.

Grant

admin
Thanks!

Here's the last I'll say on the matter - if there was any doubt that Blackberry4U and Calton Phones are the same company - please check the "legal" letter from the owner of Calton, for a transaction I did with Blackberry4U!

Hi chris2_0,

It is common knowledge that they are business partners.

Hi All

There is a link between the 2 accounts - it is Caltonphone's business partner and has been verified in terms of the details registered, so it is not the same person.

Kind regards

Cuan

I am afraid Cuan is on leave and will only be back on Monday. I understand from Bennet, the ratings were removed and the matter is settled, should you require anymore assistance, please contact communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za

Thank you.

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Hi All

There is a link between the 2 accounts - it is Caltonphone's business partner and has been verified in terms of the details registered, so it is not the same person.

We will be addressing the wording and other issues with both sellers, as we also do not agree with this.

Kind regards

Cuan

HI ADMIN

The seller blackberry4you still has his own wording and selling policy regarding the items he sells which is in contravention with bob terms and conditions-CUAN did say he would address it but currently listed items show no change yet-Please inform CUAN to follow up as this type of selling will give bob a bad name.

neil

admin
HI ADMIN

The seller blackberry4you still has his own wording and selling policy regarding the items he sells which is in contravention with bob terms and conditions-CUAN did say he would address it but currently listed items show no change yet-Please inform CUAN to follow up as this type of selling will give bob a bad name.

neil

Hi Neil,

I will definitely point Cuan to this thread when he returns. :wink:

chris2_0

Think I'm losing the fight guys & girls - just got a mail that my account has been disabled...

So thinking this might be the last post from me - so long and thanks for all the fish...

chris2_0

Sorry, one more!

Maybe not - just saw that the negative rating from Blackberry4u / CaltonPhone world has been removed...

Don't think they want to be seen as the bad guy! But here's the proof:

You have received a Negative rating from Blackberry4you (161 rating3.gif) verifieduser.gif with the comment

Buyer pulled out. Will file a SNC to recover our fees.

The rating relates to the purchase

18 Mar 11 14:01 GENUINE Blackberry RED Curve 8310 - Buy it now for R1295 - Speaker

chris2_0

And one more - c'mon guys - aren't you enjoying this as much as I am?

2011-03-22_190857_GMAIL.jpg.f6dde2bfb016e6d19746952ba45abd84.jpg

kebs
Think I'm losing the fight guys & girls - just got a mail that my account has been disabled...

So thinking this might be the last post from me - so long and thanks for all the fish...

What was the reason given for being disabled?

lilythepink
And one more - c'mon guys - aren't you enjoying this as much as I am?

Hello Chris - no, I for one am not enjoying this indaba. I'm sorry to hear, though, that you want to leave BoB. That is such a pity and I hope you'll sleep on your decision!

chris2_0

And a final one for the evening before I go home...

2011-03-22_191723.jpg.663bd74a64859f2fd9f774a16a952011.jpg

kebs

I would still like to know the reason you were given for being disabled though?

chris2_0
What was the reason given for being disabled?

I had a look - that's not Calton or BB4U's doing - OK, not entirely! I haven't updated my contact details after being retrenched last year, so 10 to one BoB wanted to get in contact with me, but couldn't...

kebs

Then it should be easy to have it reversed if you want to - simply phone them & provide them with the info they need?

Seeds for Africa
And a final one for the evening before I go home...

The emails from the supplier border on extortion!

Miss Jewels

They're certainly trying to put out fires......by wagging a finger at the "innocent" party who was mislead by false advertising. False advertising remains false and this should not be allowed. Their account should surely have been disabled until the issue was sorted out.

The emails from the supplier border on extortion!

admin
They're certainly trying to put out fires......by wagging a finger at the "innocent" party who was mislead by false advertising. False advertising remains false and this should not be allowed. Their account should surely have been disabled until the issue was sorted out.

Hi Miss Jewels,

The matter was handled by community watch, to the best of their ability, as the "innocent" party, as you put it, does not have valid contact details. Payment was not made so there was no need to disable the seller for this transaction. The appropriate action was taken regarding this listing, both ratings were removed and no sale took place. What is transpiring now is between the seller and the buyer in private emails.

I am locking this thread for Cuan's attention next week, regarding the other issues brought up.

Thank you all.

p.s. Emails are not allowed to be posted on the forums as per the rules.

qball

Hi All

Glad to see everyone is behaving... not! Geez I go away for a few weeks and all hell breaks loose...

The security team will be handling this, and an ultimatum sent to the seller in question regarding descriptions, advertising etc. He will have until tomorrow to rectify listings or they will be removed and his selling status disabled.

Thank you

Cuan