Sign in to follow this  
Reynet Trading

Is this allowed ?

Reynet Trading

A seller ( ? ) have this description in his Shipping & Other Charges and I would just like to know if it is allowed.

If it is allowed I will definitely never sell anything at a loss again, I can just say it was sold somewhere else and wham bam , no sale.:sneaky:

All the phones on auction are also advertised elsewhere at buy it now prices. We reserve the right to end auctions early and may withdraw items from sale if they sell elsewhere. If an item is sold elsewhere and is unavailable at the end of the auction, a replacement of similar value will be offered. If the replacement isn't what the buyer wanted, the transaction will be cancelled. If you have already paid for an item that's unavailable, a FULL refund will be issued. The item's condition will be according to the amount you win the auction on. Pay more, get More.

In other words if you win a refurbished phone from them for R500 they can sent you a secondhand phone in any condition that they think is fair for the price.:thinking:

Or do I have it wrong

brands online

Hi Reynet,

I would suggest sending a mail to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za.

I certainly think BOB would frown heavily on this type of listing :wondering:

Angolo Antico

A BIG No No.

Miss Jewels

This is not allowed. You are only allowed to have multiple listings (auction and Buy Now) if you have more than 1 item for sale. Report this to community watch immediately.

A seller ( ? ) have this description in his Shipping & Other Charges and I would just like to know if it is allowed.

If it is allowed I will definitely never sell anything at a loss again, I can just say it was sold somewhere else and wham bam , no sale.:sneaky:

All the phones on auction are also advertised elsewhere at buy it now prices. We reserve the right to end auctions early and may withdraw items from sale if they sell elsewhere. If an item is sold elsewhere and is unavailable at the end of the auction, a replacement of similar value will be offered. If the replacement isn't what the buyer wanted, the transaction will be cancelled. If you have already paid for an item that's unavailable, a FULL refund will be issued. The item's condition will be according to the amount you win the auction on. Pay more, get More.

In other words if you win a refurbished phone from them for R500 they can sent you a secondhand phone in any condition that they think is fair for the price.:thinking:

Or do I have it wrong

Cali Craft and Gems

Besides being totally unethical business practice!

"The item's condition will be according to the amount you win the auction on. Pay more, get More. "

Imagine going to your local store... if you are only prepared to pay R4 for a loaf of bread - how "old" is it going to be? Not on! :(

Reynet Trading

Email sent to community watch, let's see what they say.

Reynet Trading

Am I allowed to post their name ?

JPBon

yes you may post a link to the item reynet

wayjen

I like the "No collections due to Health and Safety" part.

Reynet Trading

[/url]Blackberry4u and Caltonphones are the same seller.

Here is a rating to one of these "you pay more, you get more" phones...

NEGATIVE RATING to Blackberry4u

Comment:

Advert indicated phone in "very good condition" - not received in very good condition. Understandably second hand but then don't say it is very good.

by claridmf (31 rating1.gif)

Response:

The phone was exactly as described. Why dont you return it then.????? You paid R500. Did you expect a new phone?

MsPlod
Blackberry4u and Caltonphones are the same seller.

The thot plickens!!!

Miss Jewels

I was under the impression you can have 2 accounts but not sell the same type of products? Am I missing something here

The thot plickens!!!

MsPlod
I was under the impression you can have 2 accounts but not sell the same type of products? Am I missing something here

Nope, you haven't missed a thing!

Blackberry4U is the local (Potch) account and Caltonphones is the UK account, I suppose :wtf: Very sneaky :sneaky:

Miss Jewels
The thot plickens!!!

Caltonphones advertises a phone as "new", but further down in the listing it states "as new". Excuse me....as new is not new! Misleading advertising surely?

Reynet Trading

I Actually won a phone on a crazy Wednesday auction from blackberry4u a while back.

Blackberry - GENUINE Blackberry RED 8310 CURVE, UNLOCKED - Cheapest in SA / WARRANTY - NO HIDDEN CHARGES was sold for R722.00 on 12 Jan at 22:16 by Blackberry4you in Potchefstroom (ID:31357987)

And this was the sellers first email to me:

Hi

We havent got any refurbished RED phones left. Do you want us to send you a grey or silver one thats in good condition?

Alternatively we will refund both the payments.

I immediately chose the refund because of -

"The item's condition will be according to the amount you win the auction on. Pay more, get More. "

And I really thought that I got a bargain for a change.

Miss Jewels

I think BoB needs to be made aware of what's happening here. Mac, we know you're always awake! We all smell a rat...

I Actually won a phone on a crazy Wednesday auction from blackberry4u a while back.

Blackberry - GENUINE Blackberry RED 8310 CURVE, UNLOCKED - Cheapest in SA / WARRANTY - NO HIDDEN CHARGES was sold for R722.00 on 12 Jan at 22:16 by Blackberry4you in Potchefstroom (ID:31357987)

And this was the sellers first email to me:

Hi

We havent got any refurbished RED phones left. Do you want us to send you a grey or silver one thats in good condition?

Alternatively we will refund both the payments.

I immediately chose the refund because of -

And I really thought that I got a bargain for a change.

Mad about Jack

And these sellers have been in the light before, Jeep watches was the items in question if memory serves me correct, shipping from Potch yet asking UK airfare....

lilythepink
And these sellers have been in the light before, Jeep watches was the items in question if memory serves me correct, shipping from Potch yet asking UK airfare....

So glad you're back and posting on the forum, Jack! Where on earth have you been for so long? The festive season ended some time ago. :grin:

MacMuffin

I have asked our customer services team to look into this tomorrow. Someone will respond to this thread, but the Listing Policy is quite clear regarding listing non-stock items.

qball

Hi All

There is a link between the 2 accounts - it is Caltonphone's business partner and has been verified in terms of the details registered, so it is not the same person.

We will be addressing the wording and other issues with both sellers, as we also do not agree with this.

Kind regards

Cuan

bitesize

it's false advertising, not allowed.

chris2_0

Don't wanna sound like a whiner, but I also have an issue with this user.

I bid on this on Friday afternoon : You've won the auction 34631026 - GENUINE Blackberry RED Curve 8310 - Buy it now for R1295 - Speaker (Brand new item)

I was checking 1 min to 2 what bargains were still available...

Would a normal person think he was buying a GENUINE Blackberry RED Curve 8310 speaker or a GENUINE Blackberry RED Curve 8310?

And if you go into his MANY T&C’s, then the following is in there – “Item Condition - Refurbished”

So is which is it – new or refurbished?

And I was looking for a BlackBerry with GPS, and the Curve 8310 is/has both...

And new BB's go for R1999, so I did think I would be able to get a 2nd (or 3rd) hand one 2 generations older for cheap...

And the title says: "GENUINE Blackberry RED Curve 8310 - Buy it now for R1295 - Speaker" NOT "GENUINE Blackberry RED Curve 8310 Speaker - Buy it now for R1295"

I mean, who would pay R1295 for a speaker?

And the bit that does specify it is a speaker (good luck finding it!) is the only text on the page not in bold, red or black letters!

Maybe ask the runner up if he thought he was bidding on a speaker or phone for R1?

And of course the auction picture is of lots of Blackberry phones… Seller says it’s not supposed to represent the item on sale, it’s his logo…

So yeah, feeling this guy used a bait&switch tactic to try and sell his stuff…

1129115_101011130943_Blackberry4you_logo.jpg.50b9d7d6e2fc64f388f53cdf0082c0f5.jpg

Edited by chris2_0

Mad about Jack

I like the arrogance in the first paragraph....

Q: Why dont you start your phones at R1 anymore?

A: The answer is simple. Due to the lack of bids we have decided not to do R1 auctions anymore. Most of the buyers nowadays want to pay nothing and expect to received top Quality items. If you want a quality item you need to be willing to pay a reasonable price. We have therefore put all the phones on Buy It Now or Best offer. This will encourage the BARGAIN HUNTERS out there to start paying more for an item or simply go without.

chris2_0

Yip!

And I've now gotten e-mails from both Blackberry4You and CaltonPhones® regarding this - seems to me they're a lot closer than they let on?