Sign in to follow this  
Libertas Computers

Shipping Charge..

Libertas Computers    10
Libertas Computers

Hi there

Don't want to report yet or anything, just asking so long.. Does R200 for shipping of a parcel of about 5Kg via courier seem too much or is it just me?

Brand New * World's Fatest # High End Notebook # HP DV-7 # Core i7 # 8GB Ram # 1TB Hard Drive #

Brand New # IBM / Lenovo Y Series # Core i7 Processor # 8GB Ram # 500GB HDD # Webcam # 1GB Graphics

I just want to know as I've read that sellers aren't allowed to make profit on shipping and I know my courier charges R70 overnight for up to 5kgs and R12 per Kg afterwards....

Also looking at some negative ratings I found this:

** Canon Zoom Lens EF-S 17-85mm IS USM ** f/4-5.6 **

Look at the comment:

Highly disappointed. You Paid R18.15 for Postage and you charge me R204.41 including Insurance.Parcel was not even insured.A Rip off

Seller's Reply: We enjoy customer like you who don't understand. Its Packing+Postage+Fuel+Time+other expenses. Item was Insured. buy reading glasses before you bid

Is this acceptable?

Regards,

Fred

JPBon    10
JPBon

Various Couriers charge differently most of the big courier companies charge upwards of R150 for a parcel of 3/4 kgs Most couriers charge according to volume as well as weight, I dont think that R200 is excessive especially as other options are also offered.

On your second point they have a overall rating of 98% most sellers are bound to pick up one or two negatives out of a few thousand sales.

Angolo Antico    10
Angolo Antico

Nothing wrong with the postage charges, bought from this seller before, very good service.

Libertas Computers    10
Libertas Computers

Ok, thank you. I agree, it isn't too much in my opinion. Just got asked by a friend who might be interested whether that's too much or not. Appreciate the replies!