Sign in to follow this  
MFrost

ziggy2000 - or HELP

MFrost

Hi

I recently joined to try and track a buyer's item. I don't want to buy it - it's already been sold. I jut want a photo of it, if he/she still has it.

The item was a painting by my great grandfather. Not one I recognise my dad talking about, so he must have painted it before he moved from South Africa to the Rhodesias. I know I can't get the painting, I just would love a copy of any photos of the painting for my dad.

Watercolours - NK Furber - Original Water Colour Painting, signed, framed - Lovely!!! was sold for R165.00 on 7 Jul at 21:31 by ziggy2000 in Pietermaritzburg (ID:23525218)

Norman Kenneth Furber, born England, died Southern Rhodesia.

Anyone have any ideas how to contact the original seller? :oh:

lilythepink

Sounds as though this is really important to you so I suggest you telephone the BoB team (perhaps speak to Bennet?) and see if they/he can't help you by just giving you an email address so you can contact the seller or the buyer. I don't know if BoB do this sort of thing but if they understand your reasons they should be able to point you in the right direction. Best wishes!

retailrush

@MFrost - Ziggy2000 is a member on the forum. Try sending a "private message" via the forum (this would probably be the best avenue). Alternatively ask ziggy2000 a question on one of his/her other items for sale by clicking on "ask the seller a question" once you have opened one of the items.

Hope this helps & good luck!

MFrost

Hi LilythePink (haven't heard that song in ages!)

I was actually doing some family tree hunting on Google when the painting popped up... what a surprise that was!

I've tried contacting BoB and although they were sympathetic and polie... they said they weren't able to do anything to help me. That's why I joined here - figured members were the best ones to ask. :blink1:

Hi retailrush

That is interesting to know. Thank you! I'll certainly give it a try. :smile:

Thanks for the help.

Michelle

BumbleBabe

I have her e-mail address, I will send her an e-mail to have a look at your post here on the forum.

MFrost

Thanks BumbleBabe

I did get a reply from ziggy, but I haven't a clue how to reply to the reply. URGH! Any help would be great. If she wants my email, is there any way I can pass that on?

regards

Michelle

lilythepink
Thanks BumbleBabe

I did get a reply from ziggy, but I haven't a clue how to reply to the reply. URGH! Any help would be great. If she wants my email, is there any way I can pass that on?

regards

Michelle

You are allowed to provide her with your email address in a PM!

MFrost

Lily

how do I find someone on the forums? I don't seem to be able to find ziggy to leave a PM in the first place.

retailrush

@MFrost - The link that JPBon has given above will take you to the correct place.

For future reference, this is how you send a Private Message to a forum user:

Go to the first page of the forum. Click on "Private Messages" on the orange toolbar

In My Messages (on the left) - click on "Send a new message"

In the Recipient User box - type in the name of the user (in this case ziggy2000) - a box will pop up with the user name - click on ziggy2000

In the Title Box - type in your title / subject

Then type in your message in the larger box below. When done, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "submit message".

To check messages received. From the first page of the forum, again click on Private Messages - Go to My Messages and click on "Inbox" and any messages that have been received will show on the right hand side - double click on the relevant message to open it.

Hope this helps.

Wendy

MFrost

Thank you Wendy

I thought I knew my way around the internet, but every now and then I'm reminded how utterly clueless I can be. LOL

I'm off to send a message! ;-)

Cheers

Michelle

ziggy2000

Hi Michelle, just checking to see if you eventually got the photo from the buyer? She did indicate that she has taken one, I was just wondering if she has sent it to yet? Hope it all worked out. Regards, Michelle

MFrost

Nope, nothing yet. I must check my junk mail filters, just in case.

Going nowhere slowly? LOL

ziggy2000

Hi Michelle, I will contact the buyer again and ask her to send the photo to me. I will then forward it to you. At least then I will know the progress. Will be in contact. Regards, Michelle

MFrost

Thanks Michelle

:grin:

wayjen

When I saw this thread the first time I was reminded of the time a few weeks ago when I picked up an old afrikaans church book in a secondhand shop and paged through it only to find a picture of my Great Great Grandfather who was a minister. The kind lady in the shop gave me the book and that night I phoned my Grand mother to tell her and she was so excited to hear about this find. I gave her the book when I next saw her and it brought back memories as there were names in the book from her youth.

I hope you get sorted MFrost.

MFrost

Thanks wayjen

It's my parents' 50th Wedding anniversary this year so if I could get a print of the photo maybe it would make a fantastic surprise Anniversary card. :idea:

Lovely story about your Great great grandfather. Funny enough I found the same great grandfather artist in a book in a junk shop (SPCA) once too. He used to own a men's clothing store in Natal and it was advertised in a really old book. No photos though. That would have been exciting. Your gran must have been thrilled.

Michelle

wayjen

Hey that would be nice Michelle, you must get it for sure.

Nice to hear your stories too. Nana (gran) was over the moon as we have allot of history in the family but my aunt, her daughter, was cursing me because she had to listen to Nana reading out the book all the non stop.

many years ago when my grandfather (Oupa) was still alive and they celebrated there wedding anniversary (i think it was the 50th), and as it was the golden wedding anniversary and a mile stone, what I did was find a lovely rounded rock and I sprayed it gold and wrote 1 mile on it so it was A GOLDEN MILE STONE.

cheers

Wayne

MFrost

Thanks Wayne

I love the idea of the golden mile stone. I might just borrow that idea! :rolleyes:

Michelle

wayjen

by all means. remember it is made from the heart and not a bought item so........

lilythepink
by all means. remember it is made from the heart and not a bought item so........

It is always the thought that counts and is remembered for ever after, where money isn't! A thoughtful gift, no matter now inexpensive, always means the world to me when someone has actually thought about what I may like as a gift.

ziggy2000

Hi Michelle, ziggy2000 here. I have sent you a PM, regarding the photo. Pse have a look there if you see this post first. Tx, Michelle (lol, so many Michelle's :)