Sign in to follow this  
Dave96

Shill-bidding...........Starlight Cruises???????

Dave96

Last week I went on line and my attention was drawn to 7 cruise packages to Fort Dauphin in Madagascar, listed by Starlight Cruises. To my astonishment, a bidder "tshirtsza" had bid ON ALL 7 Packages, and was chasing the prices up quite substantially. My initial thoughts were that the bidder was either ensuring that he won 1 of the bids by spreading them or was intending to to take a rather large group on the cruise with him. When the bids closed, "tshirtsza" had won 2 of the packages.

Imagine therefore my surprise when on Tuesday this week, there are 5 more packages up for auction by Starlight Cruises, and this time to Tulear in Madagascar. The highest bid ON ALL 5 was from "tshirtsza"! Now if one takes into consideration that "tshirtsza" would probably be on the cruise that he/she had won to Fort Dauphin when ALL of the packages to Tulear were listed to close...........get my drift?

So I sent of a community watch message to BoB (Ticket GRX-61578-924) on Tuesday advising them of my suspicions. No response has been received back from BoB. I log on to BoB tonight and notice that the suspected previous shill-bidder "tshirtsza" has been replaced by "NT" and "jackdaniels01", obviously in an attempt to avoid suspicion by "spreading" their bids. Between the 2 of them they have bid on ALL 5 cruise packages, and are currently the highest bidders on 4 of the 5 packages on auction. Co-incidentally, both joined BoB on............27th January 2011!!!

My issue are the following: 1) Do Starlight Cruises really regard BoB members as idiots that would not pick this shill-bidding up?

2) Are BoB protecting a good source of income AGAIN??? Surely the seller and bidders should have been blacklisted as happens to other (smaller) sellers???

qball

Hi Dave

Unfortunately there is no evidence to support the claims of shill bidding. We cannot find any proof that these accounts are being used for shill bidding and no links to Starlight Cruises or each other. Should we find any links or bidders doing this, the necessary action will be taken against the bidders and Starlight Cruises. Normally if we cannot find any links after a report to CW, we may not necessarily notify you of this.

Kind regards

Cuan

Dave96

I take note of your response, Cuan................

.....but obviously someone from BoB has "whispered" in the sellers ear that they have been busted, therefore the 2 newly-registered buyers (registered today, in fact). Can you please stop the rhetoric and tell me if someone at BoB had alerted the seller. Furthermore, in my experience, other sellers have been blacklisted for less "co-incidence"??? Surely the circumstances of the last 2 weeks MUST be too co-incidental?? I mean, who the hell would bid on 5 cruise packages closing during the course of a cruise which they won a week earlier??

This is sooooooooo typical of BoB....turning a blind eye when it suits them financially!!! And you say you have no evidence...................???? You have blacklisted other sellers for less!!

Its time you went into politics.

Edited by Dave96

qball

Dave, I like conspiracy theories just as much as the next person. Maybe I should go into politics, it will definitely be beneficial to my constituents when I run for MP :wondering:. No one at bidorbuy has alerted the seller nor can we find any evidence of shill bidding, if there was we would take the necessary action. Unfortunately we don't work on supposition, opinion, hearsay or beliefs. If we find a link we will take the necessary action.

Have a lovely day further.

Cuan

lilythepink

Cuan you are already a BoB MP! (Mighty Powerful!) :grin:

And I would like to add that I haven't noticed any shill bidding but, then, I am not a PI. Starlight Cruises are worth every cent one pays for them - full price or whatever - they are an absolute bargain. I speak with the voice of experience ...!

Howard Neill

"..... Between the 2 of them they have bid on ALL 5 cruise packages, and are currently the highest bidders on 4 of the 5 packages on auction. Co-incidentally, both joined BoB on............27th January 2011!!! "

Mighty strange!

Yes, Starlight Cruises are wonderful. We did one in November 2008. I would do it again, if I had the money.

MacMuffin

Hundreds of users sign up daily with us. Nothing strange or wrong with the above bidding behaviour. Ever thought about that the buyers recognised a good deal and purchased for themselves + family?

Dave96

C'mon guys...........

........get a life!!! Lilythepink has only got her shoelaces left uncovered, and would definitely be one of those individuals that would be in the market for goods that had "fallen off the back of a truck", if her logic were to be believed. After all....it's a bargain, no matter how it came to be in her possession!

As for MacMuffin.....next time please speak from a position of authority, after all, it is not you that has been following this issue, daily, including all bids placed! Use a bit of rationale....in theory "tshirtsza" could have been bidding for an extended family or group, but all 7 bids would have enabled him to pay for and take 28 individuals on board, because 3rd and 4th passengers per cabin could have paid a reduced amount. A bit excessive, methinks!

As for Cuan.....you can read my posts regarding the scam by "shooters" many months ago......nuff said!!!

MacMuffin
........get a life!!! Lilythepink has only got her shoelaces left uncovered, and would definitely be one of those individuals that would be in the market for goods that had "fallen off the back of a truck", if her logic were to be believed. After all....it's a bargain, no matter how it came to be in her possession!

As for MacMuffin.....next time please speak from a position of authority, after all, it is not you that has been following this issue, daily, including all bids placed! Use a bit of rationale....in theory "tshirtsza" could have been bidding for an extended family or group, but all 7 bids would have enabled him to pay for and take 28 individuals on board, because 3rd and 4th passengers per cabin could have paid a reduced amount. A bit excessive, methinks!

As for Cuan.....you can read my posts regarding the scam by "shooters" many months ago......nuff said!!!

Failing to see your point and how shooters has any relation to this. As Cuan said - there was no shill bidding activity. We listened and investigated your concerns and could not find anything wrong with the bidding activity and all users bidding on the items listed by Starlight Cruises are without doubt NO shill-bidders. Your concerns were noted and upon investigation disregarded.

I am really failing to understand why you are insisting that there something wrong - I can say with authority that right now you are trolling and this does not add much value to anyone.

admin
......nuff said!!!

My sentiments exactly.

Thread locked.