Sign in to follow this  
Phan

Items for metal printing

Phan

I am looking for new items/ideas for my metal printer.

Items such as metal cigarette holders, metal bookmarks, etc. I have numerous items (lighters, pendants, keyrings, business card holders, dog tags, etc) for men's gifts /promotional items, but not enough items for women's gifts / promotional items. Can anybody help or give references?

I can print on any metal items with hardness less than 200 with a smooth surface and certain finishes*. The printer can take items with dimensions equal or less than 100x100x20mm (if it needs to be clamped) / 40mm (on silicon pad or without clamping) thick. Maximum printing area is 80x80mm.

* Finishes that work well are stainless steel, brass, rhodium plating and a few others.

Any help will be appreciated!

lilythepink

My suggestion (not knowing how big a piece of metal you are able to print on!) is: make signs (with humorous sayings on them) which people can put in their gardens - they will need to be attached to sticks. Also, you can make herb signs, e.g. "sage", "thyme", "mint", etc. etc.

As an example one sign could be directing "Snails walk this way please" - and it can be placed directing the snails out of the garden - or into a tub of beer!

Phan

Maximum printing area is 80x80mm.

lilythepink
Maximum printing area is 80x80mm.

That's a good size for the signs I suggested, but another suggestion is that, after printing, you colour in the printed area. This will make for a really decent sign. I've been wondering if pewter (which is cheaper than most other metals) wouldn't work well?

Phan
That's a good size for the signs I suggested, but another suggestion is that, after printing, you colour in the printed area. This will make for a really decent sign. I've been wondering if pewter (which is cheaper than most other metals) wouldn't work well?

Look ideas are always welcome, but my main problem is to obtain blank items, such as metal cigarette holders, metal bookmarks, etc. Even better if it is items I can use for gifts for women.

Pewter is soft enough, but will not give a good reflection. Finishes that gives you good reflection is stainless steel and rhodium (looks like gold).