Sign in to follow this  
MacMuffin

Multiple Payments feature

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

We have introduced a new feature which allows a buyer to provide multiple payments against an order. This allows buyer's to "top-up" payments after the initial payment. This should assist in cases where buyers originally underpaid (i.e. forgot cash deposit fee, selected wrong shipping option etc).

Sellers and buyers will see multiple payment details on their respective screens and the change itself should be transparent/non-intrusive to everyone.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

This is an excellent idea, Mac. Thank you.

SProducts    10
SProducts

Its brilliant! Thanks again Mac and team for your wonderful work.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Superb idea and well executed it seems! Well done...

Now, what about getting the BoBPay to accept one payment for several orders from the same seller - instead of having to make several payments each with its own code, allow the option of a single payment?

voldermort    10
voldermort

I'm sorry, really blonde I know but I don't see it.......:huh:

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Thanks Mac, this is cool. :grin:

Sam, have a look at any of your orders that have been paid using BoBPay.

Under the list of items ordered, there is a line with the following details:

Payment Number

Date Paid

Type of Payment

Payment Reference

Amount Paid

I assume that should there be more than one payment per order, the next payment would be on the next line.

voldermort    10
voldermort

Ahh thank you Angela, at least now I know it is not me being blonde....just that I don't use BobPay which is why I assume I'm not seeing anything different :grin:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
Superb idea and well executed it seems! Well done...

Now, what about getting the BoBPay to accept one payment for several orders from the same seller - instead of having to make several payments each with its own code, allow the option of a single payment?

Just from a seller's point of view, MsPlod, when I sell several items to one buyer on the same day they are automatically listed together and a total amount due appears. I can't remember if I had to set up something - Old Timer's, you know - but I think a seller can set up for buyers who buy within a week, or two weeks, or a month to have their items listed together so they just need to make one payment.

Mac, am I surmising correctly?

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Hi all - this is correct. If you receive multiple payments to the same order you will see those payments reflected on the orders listed separately below each other. You don't have to setup anything to make this work.

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

Very nice extra feature MacMuffin.

Does this by any chances apply to Credit Cards as well?

We already have one guy who sent through a Credit Card but didnt include shipping.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

This applies to all payment types accepted from a seller and a buyer can mix and match - i.e. does an EFT payment first and then for example in your case pays shipping with Credit Card or PayPal. A buyer can do as many payments as he likes - with Credit Cards the seller obviously has to accept the payment, but you will clearly see those transactions on your sales-tool screen.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
Just from a seller's point of view, MsPlod, when I sell several items to one buyer on the same day they are automatically listed together and a total amount due appears. I can't remember if I had to set up something - Old Timer's, you know - but I think a seller can set up for buyers who buy within a week, or two weeks, or a month to have their items listed together so they just need to make one payment.

Yes LilythePink - you are completely correct here - but several of the sellers from whom I buy items (and who do use BoBPay) allow me to buy over a period of a week or so (by arrangement). There may then be two (or more) orders which I complete, since auctions and "buy-now" items do not fall together within the same order, neither do crazy auctions and "normal" auctions. So what ends up happening is that I have two (or more) BoBPay codes which require two (or more) transactions.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Okay, MsPlod. I understand your problem better. Hope the new set up will improve things for you!

eZethu Coins    10
eZethu Coins
Hi all - this is correct. If you receive multiple payments to the same order you will see those payments reflected on the orders listed separately below each other. You don't have to setup anything to make this work.

This is great - can we expect a solution for the Personal Offers payments as well - currently every personal payment must be paid separately - would be great if that payment can be lumped into a single transaction.