Sign in to follow this  
Pharos

Inspirational Paintings

Pharos    10
Pharos

I think it's time for us to discuss paintings that really inspire us. Paintings by old masters or novices, from abstract to realism - let's talk about the good things in art! Post a picture and let's have a chat.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Hi Pharos. I have recently got into selling paintings on BoB and it is quite a job finding out more about the artist. The two that I have seen around and have recently got hold of is the "Woodland Goddess" and "The Old Fisherman" and this one i went as far as Copenhagen to gather information on the artist, it is quite exciting for a newbie.

Pharos    10
Pharos

Hi Wayne

You're right, it can be very exciting and no matter how much one knows or how experienced you may think you are, there is always something new to learn. Nothing like a bit of detective work to get the juices flowing. Interesting about J.H. Lynch - just what an enigmatic figure he remains even though his paintings are so well known.

Sounds like the bug has bitten - have fun!

wayjen    10
wayjen

ha ha ha yeah thanks man.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Our family talks about "a Turner sky" or a "Turner evening"

Even though he painted many more things than just skies or sunsets, his (JMW Turner's) ability to capture those amazing changes in colour just thrill me!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTj6SOrXH9g6uCB2dJxC2hrifpjJYEtHSt2vLelkDEQvi03qO3R&t=1Just one example...

Edited by MsPlod
battling with a link... here's a pic instead!

Pharos    10
Pharos

Turner's skies are something special - the eruption of Krakatoa in 1883 is said to have affected the skyscapes of Europe - the dust in the atmosphere making for strong rich and vibrant sunsets the likes of which were not common - Turner was standing reading with paintbrush in hand to capture this phenomenon.

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe

How about inspiring artists?

The you man that paints these is a breath of fresh air. He loves what he does and I think he has real talent.

He is a friend of mine and your opinion would be great :grin:

Oils - !!!! KRAVITZ !!!! by JEAN BADENHORST for sale in Tzaneen (ID:31984319)

Oils - !!!! THE SILENCE !!!! by JEAN BADENHORST for sale in Tzaneen (ID:31984421)

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

The you man that paints these is a breath of fresh air. He loves what he does and I think he has real talent.

Wow! The paintings are stunning!

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe
Wow! The paintings are stunning!

Thank you. I wish I had that kind of talent.

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

I had never really liked Monet and despised the ballerinas of Degas until one day wandering through the Musee D'Orsay - talk about an aesthetic overload... Looking at the Monet's, tears came from nowhere - they are utterly lovely 'in the flesh' and Degas' ballerinas looked as if they could be blown off the canvas by a breath of wind. There was so much beauty packed into the rooms it was almost too much to bear... Manet, Cezanne, van Gogh, Bonnard, Rodin, Seurat, Gauguin, and on and on...

A couple of years later and I still can't get my head around all that bewildering genius!

Pharos    10
Pharos
I had never really liked Monet and despised the ballerinas of Degas until one day wandering through the Musee D'Orsay - talk about an aesthetic overload... Looking at the Monet's, tears came from nowhere - they are utterly lovely 'in the flesh' and Degas' ballerinas looked as if they could be blown off the canvas by a breath of wind. There was so much beauty packed into the rooms it was almost too much to bear... Manet, Cezanne, van Gogh, Bonnard, Rodin, Seurat, Gauguin, and on and on...

A couple of years later and I still can't get my head around all that bewildering genius!

Yup, that was exactly my experience - tears and all when I first encountered an original Monet - truly awesome! And you're right, an experience like that stays with you for years to come.

Pharos    10
Pharos

Oils - !!!! KRAVITZ !!!! by JEAN BADENHORST for sale in Tzaneen (ID:31984319)

Oils - !!!! THE SILENCE !!!! by JEAN BADENHORST for sale in Tzaneen (ID:31984421)

Jean is a very talented artist - someone should contact Mr. Kravitz and tell him there's a SA artist who is going to make him famous ;)

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe
Jean is a very talented artist - someone should contact Mr. Kravitz and tell him there's a SA artist who is going to make him famous ;)

Thanks Pharos, I cant wait to get the others from him.

Haha maybe Mr Kravitz will buy it from us :grin:

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
Haha maybe Mr Kravitz will buy it from us :grin:

You should post a pic on his facebook fan page - maybe there will be a buyer - very good painting by Jean!

Whoops! It has been deleted!

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe
You should post a pic on his facebook fan page - maybe there will be a buyer - very good painting by Jean!

Whoops! It has been deleted!

Thanks MsPlod, that is a wonderful idea.

It was not deleted, I did a new layout and landed up with 2 listings :rolleyes: very blonde moment.

Oils - !!!! KRAVITZ !!!! by JEAN BADENHORST for sale in Tzaneen (ID:32028662) here is the new one :grin: