Sign in to follow this  
Trevwebb

Bid extensions

Trevwebb

Hi all

Fairly new to BoB but having a lot of fun. Do have a question though and would like some advise. This evening placed a bid on an item supposed to end tonight at 18h00. Bid was accepted but suddenly the auction ends 30th Jan and not 23rd Jan? It has also happened with a similar item on my watchlist that I had decided not to bid further on - also supposed to end 18h00 23rd Jan - hey presto at 17h55 auction suddenly ends 30th Jan?! Both of these were done by the same seller/user. Is this correct / legal etc?

admin

Hi Trevwebb,

Welcome to the forum.

Once there is a bid on an item that is on auction, the seller can not edit the listing anymore. Please post the item numbers in question.

Thank you.

SProducts

That's weird, what I know is an auction cannot be edited if it has bids. Only a Buy Now can be edited. The other auction maybe the seller edited it if it didn't have bids on them.

There's also a possibility you might have read the closing dates wrong. As the seller a question or contact hello@bidorbuy.co.za so they check if it was indeed extended after your bid.

MacMuffin

Hi - to listings can not be modified by sellers once the item opens/has bids on it. Looking at our logs we are confident that the close time was not changed (the listing was created 16/01 20:33 with a close time of 30/01 18:00)