Sign in to follow this  
TFTC

How do I send my Blackberry back to RIM for repairs / replacement?

TFTC

Bought a Blackberry Storm here on BOB and now the phone has developed problems such that it is unusable. I need to return phone for repairs or replacement (phone is about 3months old which means it it still on Warranty) but it appears RIM has no direct communication with users you have to go through carriers which is not applicable in my case because I did not buy the phone from any of the local service providers. Contacted seller for assistance but no response so far. I have noticed buyers from the same seller have posted negative comments due to their phones also not working soon after delivery and would be happy to know if there is a solution to this. Thanks in advance.

MsPlod

Oh dear - another by this trader - Items for sale from louis van elzas on bidorbuy.co.za

This is your experience...

Blackberry - brand new blackberry 9500 touch screen (origanal) was sold for R2,050.00 on 25 Oct at 08:31 by louis van elzas in Cape Town (ID:27513193)

and this is from another thread...

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/buying-bidorbuy/12018-whats-connection-here.html#post92976

and another

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/forum-community-watch/12191-dropshipping.html#post95794 (this post mentions a few traders in the same sentence - all of whom seem to have given problems in various ways)

Contact hello@bidorbuy.co.za with all the information regarding this transaction - good luck!

TFTC

thanks hope the issue will be favourably resolved.

SProducts

The phone is called a grey stock locally, this means its not covered by local networks or even Rim. It has no warranty locally, you can take the phone to a cell phone repair shop or will need to send back to seller so they get their supplier to fix if they have warranty.

Unfortunately you will have to pay for the phone to be fixed.

bmakes

This is totally unfortunate,and should never have been allowed to happen,during the course of 2010 ,me and other members had a discussion on this forum regarding the dealings of louis van elzas,bob should have blacklisted him ,when we brought it to their attention,bob's response was that louis has problems with his suppliers and should be allowed to resolve the issues with his buyers,why they alowed him to change his name and to do the exact same thing is nothing sort of criminal,as far as I am concerned louis van elzas dealings is a scam,now I note he is blacklisted,bit too late for that,damage is done.

Mad about Jack

Hi TFTC, should you need a out of warranty repair shop that is fair and quick I can PM you the details.

Ps. Admin, I am allowed to do this ?

StudMuffinsMissus

I used a company, think they are called "Berryfix". They collect & deliver & were pretty efficient.