Sign in to follow this  
dominiquesonline

Provocative clothing items allowed in non x-rated areas

dominiquesonline

I want to complain about the continually increasing amount of highly provocative items we have to sift through in the clothing sections on Bid or Buy. It seems to me that this is just getting worse and worse!

Now I am not talking about ordinary, or even fairly skimpy, swimming costumes, underwear and etc. The items I refer to are extremely provocative and sensual - to put it mildly. Do you not have a category for these items to go into? Why are they allowed in the ordinary clothing area???

I have taken to reporting the listings of this kind that I find in the "Crazy Wednesday" and "Snap Friday" auctions. Almost always the items I complained about were removed (which I am grateful for!), but still feel that Bid or Buy can do better. Allowing children to have access to these images is in no way helping our community. I wouldn't even dream of allowing a child of mine to have free access to Bid or Buy because of the items which can be viewed. My X-rated "option" is always clicked off, and yet I still have to find myself sifting through heaps of this trash to get to what I really want to see. Surely I am not the only one who finds this to be out of place?

The images are often so bad that we are left looking at virtually nude woman with "a few strings attached". Surely this is even against Bid or Buy's very own law where these items are NOT ALLOWED to be listing in the ordinary categories. Is it so hard for Bid or Buy to implement their OWN RULES?! They jump quick enough when sellers do something that affects their commissions - so how about now doing something that protects the innocence of our children, and even of our adults. Allow us to make the choice at what we wish to look at.

An example of what I'm talking about - how about this: Baby Dolls & Teddies - Net Lady Body Stocking for sale in Cape Town (ID:30837597)

Please, please look into this matter!

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi VictoryPuzzle

The site relies on the community to report these matters.

There are way too many listings for them to police it for us, so if we report these matters when we see them, they will take the necessary action.

You are doing the right thing by reporting these items.

As far as I am aware, these types of items must be listed in the X-rated category

lilythepink

I absolutely agree with Tananka!

dominiquesonline

Well I am reporting the items... it just gets a little tiring.

I do agree with what you say, that they rely on us to report the abuse, but I was hoping Bid or Buy would perhaps issue out warnings to the sellers that continually transgress these rules. There are a few sellers who are particularly bad at this, so I think they could be individually warned that they are breaking rules.

I will continue to report the items in the mean time.

lilythepink

I think you need to know that you are in good company on this forum!

dominiquesonline

Thank you! :-) That is good to hear!

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi VictoryPuzzle

BoB does issue warnings for continuous transgression.

If you feel that the sellers are ignoring this, keep a list of those you have reported in the past and mention that it has been previously reported and the seller is continuing to list incorrectly.

Eventually the seller will be blacklisted if they continue to ignore BoB's rules

dominiquesonline

Okay - that does sound sensible! I will do that Tananka - thank you!

MacMuffin

We do keep such warnings / transgressions on each users account as admin notes. Frequent automated reports then highlight users which are "problematic" and in such cases we apply corrective action (either disabling the account for a period of time, preventing from listing in certain categories or the eventual blacklisting).

Especially a category such as Lingerie is difficult to control and for some people even less revealing outfits might be offensive. Report those items to community watch and our guys will take the necessary action.

lilythepink

I saw that and thought the socks were oddly placed! You have guts, MsPlod!!

qball

We have looked at the listings and these items are not "x-rated" and are listed in the correct category. Therefore we will not be taking any action against the sellers. The seller has also taken lengths to ensure no "bits" are visible. It would the same as walking into Edgars were there is a mannequin wearing the item in question and then telling Edgars to take it down... or telling them to remove all the packaging material that displays the models wearing the items on the packaging.