Sign in to follow this  
Not1CentMore

Gotta Love It...

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Buyer bid/won auction. Winning email notification sent. Buyer replied: "Where are you located?? I will not pay for overseas delivery."

I replied: "Thank-you for your email. All costs CAREFULLY noted in item description in USD. (right hand side of auction): Seller Name / Location".

Buyer replied: "It was late when I placed bid and did not read."

I replied (again) thanking Buyer for his email and told him I will file SNC ( business tool used to recoup a 'portion' of costs when an auction closes with a winning bid and transaction is not completed)...and sent copy / paste of reasons / rules for filing SNC and wished buyer the best in finding what he has looking for a little closer to home.

SNC was filed. No response. SNC complete. Feedback left: Negative - Winning email notification sent. SNC filed. SNC complete.

Buyer is beyond mad. He is livid. Email received demanding I change his rating from negative to positive. I replied that the rating was accurate and factual in regards to this transaction, but if he felt it was 'unjust', he could appeal to BoB and sent him (copy / paste) instructions for doing so.

He sent email to BoB (forwarding copy to me) telling me now he knows why everyone hates Americans, how hard up I must be for a few cents ( I am 'thinking' this was not in the email sent to BoB) and instructing BoB: "Delete this rating and change the practice of how foreign vendors sell on BOB. It needs to be made VERY clear that it is a foreign vendor (use a different colour or something). I often place bids late at night and don't read all the fine print. It was my mistake - I agree and will not make the same mistake again. PLEASE DELETE the negative RATING from this OVERSEAS VENDOR."

Sigh....I 'try', as I am 'thinking' all Sellers do, to be as complete as possible in ALL auctions and I, like most Sellers, don't get 'pleasure' from leaving less than postive feedback. I didn't for the longest time, but finally realized that feedback (unless it is mean and spiteful or downright inaccurate) is beneficial to both Buyer and Seller. For both, it shows the 'character' of the other and is an invaluable tool, especially for Sellers, in being able to delete bids (saving time, frustration and costs) made by Buyers who have a 'history' of non-payment.

Double sigh.

Just one of those mornings (this being the 'icing on the cake')....needed to 'vent'. Thanks for listening. (And now off to 'make it all better' with four or five double espresso / double chocolates.)

kebs    10
kebs

You did the right thing - he could have appealed the SNC, but chose to ignore it.. Deserved negative rating in my humble opinion..

wayjen    10
wayjen

well done!

You did everything by the book and if the buyer is not happy with what happened then tough. We do not force buyers to buy our items it is THEIR choice. It is also not our problem that they cannot read.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

I would have given him the benefit of the doubt that he did not realize he was buying from overseas and not rated negative.

However,if this was me and SNC was ignored I would have done the same.

I hate it with a passion when buyers ignore communication.

donaldduck4..jpg.9bf488a0d07a01cb7ffaf66a45abc25b.jpg

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
I would have given him the benefit of the doubt that he did not realize he was buying from overseas and not rated negative.

However,if this was me and SNC was ignored I would have done the same.

I hate it with a passion when buyers ignore communication.

I send a 'reminder' email 5-days after an auction closes. Should payment still not be received by the 7th day, I file a SNC and send following email:

This is a courtesy email to notify you that payment has not been received on your recent bid(s)/win(s) and that an SNC (Sale Not Complete) has been filed.

The Sale Not Complete (SNC) is a process for sellers to send automated notifications to buyers that have not concluded a transaction within 7 days of the close of an auction. After the filing of a SNC by the seller, should a buyer still not complete the transaction within a period of a further 7 days then a non-fulfillment warning will be placed against the buyer.

The SNC is primarily used by sellers to recoup a portion of fees charged for unsuccessful sales.

Once a seller files an SNC, BidOrBuy will notify you via email. You will be given the opportunity to respond or appeal. By doing so you can explain the reasons for not concluding the transaction. (copy/paste BoB)

I DO leave honest feedback; either positive, neutral or negative.

Edited by Not1CentMore

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I absolutely agree that you did the right thing! And stop feeling "guilty" about it - buyers (especially previous ones!) need to know that if they don't read the fine print they could end up paying out a lot more than they think.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Totally the buyer's mistake! You have followed the process by the book - every single one of your listings states "Read B4 bidding" and really buyers do need to read properly!

wayjen    10
wayjen

I know we all can blacklist or report Deadbeat payers but we need to be able to report people that don't read auctions and first bid THEN ask a question and when they are unhappy with the answer they ask for the bid to be deleted.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals
I know we all can blacklist or report Deadbeat payers but we need to be able to report people that don't read auctions and first bid THEN ask a question and when they are unhappy with the answer they ask for the bid to be deleted.

Yes, I think this is a good idea.