Sign in to follow this  
BeadsandBaubles

Spot the discrepancy???

BeadsandBaubles

Top Sellers

Anyone else see something strange here? This is the list of top sellers from the Craft Category. (had to remove all the little stars because of the image limit - but this is c & p from the craft catergory.)

lilythepink

I am not trying to "protect" anyone but do you realise the amount of work (and cost) that goes into keeping beads, seeing that orders are done exactly and properly wrapped and dispatched? I am an ardent beader and just my stocks, neatly kept, are enough to drive me insane so I hate to think how the bead sellers cope with all the beads, findings, accessories, etc around them.

Cali Craft and Gems

In reply to Lily's post - the below pic is of my OLD office - when I had only ONE bookshelf of tubs (all beads). I now have THREE bookshelves FULL of tubs - two in the office and one in the diningroom, accompanied by one long old "sideboard" from my grandfather's garage - two large areas with shelves, and the left hand side is 10 drawers! Plus one chest of drawers dedicated just for ziplock plastic bags, one chest just for "gifts" for my customers and organza bags, and another cupboard just for incense, etc. And yes, I'm still "overflowing" as most of the stock I have is NOT online yet!

office2..jpg.a5a10b3ed1f4566c7f69d3821bf05bf4.jpg

BeadsandBaubles

@ Sunmaster

Lol, I am referring in particular to this person"

Items for sale from Turning Heads on bidorbuy.co.za

as far as I can see there is one sale of an Alfa Romeo - what does this have to do with crafts? And how does a listing, such as this end up being a top 10 seller on the craft category? Someone elses name should be up there, no not me, but someone who has actually made the sales in the appropriate category.

Aah, ok now I see- it was for the overlocker, darn is the craft section doing so badly?

Edited by BeadsandBaubles
mistake

lilythepink

Weird. Very weird. And it's a classified nogal?!

SUNMASTER
kebs

I'm having a slight issue with the gaming top sellers as well.. I was busy enjoying finally making it higher on the list when they changed the system... Now there's a seller at no 2 who has very few sales compared to mine, & already some neutrals & negs.. But he sells consoles, so one sale puts him above me.. :wtf:

MsPlod

Why on earth can BoB / MacMuffin not put a dual listing in place?

1) Top turnover (i.e. gross)

2) Top number of sales (i.e. number of items sold)

Is this beyond the limits/capacity of the BoB machinery? Surely a little simple code in the right places could list the top ten in each category?

SUNMASTER

Is this beyond the limits/capacity of the BoB machinery? Surely a little simple code in the right places could list the top ten in each category?

I agree or use the space for a list of Authorised drop shippers :grin:

Vinyl Lady Decals

Yes, I agree that we need a list of sellers who sell the most items as well.

I feel that many sellers that were on the top ten list and are no longer will feel very unhappy about this.

This change basically tells everybody that you must sell high-priced items to be considered a top seller.

What about all the work that the other sellers put in,

and what about the fact that many sellers that sell lower priced items are offering bargains and therefore are favourites amongst buyers?

Surely, these sellers should also get some recognition?

Cali Craft and Gems

I agree wholeheartedly!

As a bead seller myself, I may sell literally hundreds (if not thousands) of beads per month / sales period, but as these are generally low priced, at this rate I'll NEVER be on the top seller's list! I have currently 1046 items in the craft category alone, but this means absolutely nothing if you're not "advertised" as a top seller!

For the record, I am known as the only seller in South Africa who has the Swarovski beads in the largest colour spectrum available - currently 179 colours which beats most leading retailers - plus I'm one of the cheapest bead sellers in the country too! (on and off BoB with regards to most items)

kebs

Perhaps Mac can make a plan for us.. I treat every buyer the same, no matter how much they've spent, & I work just as hard on every sale.. Chances are I'll never make it high on the list with the current system as I don't sell consoles & higher priced gadgets.

ClickandShip

I was # 1 on the list since December last year...kept checking back and working harder to stay there....

Now I don't even feature..:sad::sad:

eZethu Coins

See my post in the "boB listens" thread

Cali Craft and Gems

And see my reply too - I think perhaps what I suggested is the best solution for everyone!

mellowred

Ooopppss. That is not good advertising for BoB.

Libertas Computers

Nevermind.. Found what I was looking for...

Edited by Libertas Computers
Was lazy and decided not to open my eyes..

Pathway

Roars of applause for sellers of beads and other accompanying stuff!!!! I don't know how you do it, or keep track of it all, and keep it in order, but I've never had a bad experience with these wonderful people, on bob. Well done, and thank you!!!