Sign in to follow this  
Fit Freedom

First time buyer registered today and bid on my stuff-Dodgy?

Fit Freedom

Can someone use the information given by us at the end of a successful auction to harm us in anyway. My buyer is suspicious. No previous dealings, registered the same day as his bid on what i think is a bit of a girls product. He sounds like a he....blubull or some such. Anything happen in the past to anyone??

lilythepink
Can someone use the information given by us at the end of a successful auction to harm us in anyway. My buyer is suspicious. No previous dealings, registered the same day as his bid on what i think is a bit of a girls product. He sounds like a he....blubull or some such. Anything happen in the past to anyone??

I've never had a problem with any of my buyers (or sellers for that matter), but one has to be cautious in all situations. If you feel there's a problem, either phone BoB immediately and ask them to investigate or send an email to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za. They will help you.

Fit Freedom

Thanks a mill.

wayjen

welcome Fit Freedom, we also get a new person coming on and bidding on our items and it is worrying as you are selling to a person with no history and it is very tempting to delete the bids BUT we all have to start somewhere and we let the bids carry on. Always remember that no matter if they have no ratings or a million ratings do not let anything out your door before their money reflects.

With regards to the items he or she bid on that is their business and if it's a guy bidding on girly items (we have that too), his money is the same as a womans.

SUNMASTER
one has to be cautious in all situations. If you feel there's a problem, either phone BoB immediately and ask them to investigate or send an email to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za. They will help you.

I agree with lily , we all started with no rating :amazed:

I am however woried about this one that bid on Your item today

Weight Management & Slimming - Li Da Daidaihua slimming capsules-Lose 15kg fast. was sold for R325.00 on 21 Jan at 08:46 by Fit Freedom in Johannesburg (ID:31664889)

R275.00 on 18 Jan 19:07, by JessiJ (-3) :worried:

lilythepink

Sunmaster is right - that is one bidder who should be deleted!

bitesize

i regularly get newbies bidding or buying on my items. i worry a bit but give them a chance because i was there once. but in my opinion, buyers with any negative ratings should be checked out carefully.

Fit Freedom

Grief didnt see that -3 lady there...

Thanks for the input. I'm completely paranoid as a new seller. Turns out so far the new fellow is ok except he wont give me a rating. :oh:

SProducts

Its just unfair that some new good buyers end being victoms, I have had a buyer with a minus rating and they actually did pay and fast might I add. Then you get the other ones with minus and they dont pay and also the new one who joins today and win your auctions.

Its a pity there is no fomular about this, I have had new buyer joining same day, wins and pay very fast and there are those who bid dont pay and are also arrogant and angry when you file SNC.

bitesize
Thanks for the input. I'm completely paranoid as a new seller. Turns out so far the new fellow is ok except he wont give me a rating. :oh:

I've had a few buyers who didn't care about ratings but as long as there aren't any complaints, then don't worry about it. I know a rating is important, maybe they will notice later on that a rating wasn't given.

lilythepink

Some buyers and sellers take ages to rate you and some never do. If you need the rating, just send an email to the person concerned and politely ask him/her to rate you!

TheJeweller

First: Person can not buy if he is not register. Second: If BidorBuy don't have new buyers it means this place are dead. You will get your rating when he receive the goods.

RAJRULES1

Sometime in 2006, I was searching for an item and came across a website called Bid or Buy. I spotted the item I wanted and tried to bid, then realised I had to register first. So I registered and was able to immediately bid on the item I wanted.

I still have a 100% buyers rating after buying over 350 items.

I guess we should give all new buyers the benefit of the doubt as they could have been in the same situation as I was in 2006. With high priced items, I would call the number on the winning bidder screen to confirm that this is a real and willing buyer, etc. If i have problems contacting this person or getting a positive response, I could take further steps. Maybe even put a clause in high priced items that if new buyer is not contactable within 24 hours, the item will be relisted/sold to second bidder.:smile1: