Sign in to follow this  
RISadler

Permanently cross-linking items...

RISadler

I have several Lang Henning books on "Buy Now" and would like to know how I can create links on the page of each book to the other books that'll survive relisting.

What I mean is that I can create the links now, but as soon as the items relist, the links point to the closed item pages. How do I prevent this, apart from manually editing each listing after they relist?

Vinyl Lady Decals

I would also love to be able to do this.

Maybe Macmuffin can come up with something.

As the system currently stands, I don't know of a way.

Edited by Vinyl Lady Decals

MacMuffin
I have several Lang Henning books on "Buy Now" and would like to know how I can create links on the page of each book to the other books that'll survive relisting.

What I mean is that I can create the links now, but as soon as the items relist, the links point to the closed item pages. How do I prevent this, apart from manually editing each listing after they relist?

Of course there is a way - you can use the following link:

RISadlers Magical Book Shop

All the parameters should be obvious. You can remove the "TradeType" if you want to display all items. I strongly suggest that you specify the categoryId for optimal query performance. It is obviously better to specify the lowest level category Id, but you could also specify in your case the ID 478 (which is Fiction within Books), but queries will run slower.

I hear that the big-chief has asked you to stand in the naughty corner for the next 3 day, so I will wait for your response on Monday - at least you can now focus some time on a hopefully rain-free weekend ;-)