Sign in to follow this  
BeadsandBaubles

Looking for a good desktop PC

BeadsandBaubles

Hi

I am looking for a new desktop PC, and have read elsewhere on the forum that it is better to have one built than to buy an assembly line one. Can anyone advise me on what to look for? I have approximately R8000 all inclusive to spend on something by the end of February, or R12000 by the end of March if someone would be willing to start putting it together for me.

I can pay the parts in advance - R4000 the end of January, another R4000 at the end of February, then at the end of March the PC can be listed on Bidorbuy when I pay the last balance of R4000.

The costs must be all inclusive, with an OS.

This is for my 19 year old daughter, she is paying half the costs, so please be fair with the pricing as her salary is tiny and she would to get something worth her little pennies.

Any offers, please post the specs here. If this is acceptable then the first R4000 "Buy Now" can be listed for us to pay.

Thanking you.

Sandy

Virgotec

Hi Sandy

Sent you a PM with regards to same.

RISadler

In my opinion, I'd stay away from a custom job - unless you know exactly what is what and do it yourself.

My suggestion is to rather go a high quality laptop... I prefer Toshiba, as they offer up to a four-year warranty on some models, and the hardware and software is 100% compatible. You then also need a good laptop cooler, external backup drives and an APC surge protector.

DA_LION_619

R12 000 sounds too much for a basic PC, if you want to spend so much why not get a Mac

pablojani

good desktop PC

That seems a lot to pay for a desktop computer. I bought Intel Core 2 Duo 8GHZ system; ECS LGA775 G31T-MY motherboard, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHZ 3MB E7400, etc, etc. The whole thing cost me R2699,95. That did not include Windows. I had the CD for Windows XP which I loaded myself.

Libertas Computers
That seems a lot to pay for a desktop computer. I bought Intel Core 2 Duo 8GHZ system; ECS LGA775 G31T-MY motherboard, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHZ 3MB E7400, etc, etc. The whole thing cost me R2699,95. That did not include Windows. I had the CD for Windows XP which I loaded myself.

It does depend on what she wants to do with it, but I take it just normal things, watch a couple of moveis and series, facebook and skype etc? R12 000 is way too much to pay for that! I would also recommend a laptop rather, you get quite good dual core laptops with big hard drives for R3700+ nowadays with Windows 7 loaded on.

I see Fred did send you a PM about what we have to offer.

Regards,

Candice

dschina

Hello,

Yeah i agree that amount of money is way to much for a DIY desktop! i would rather buy a brand name with the support you would require or buy a apple computer or laptop.

anyways just my two cents worth!

jomoreb

or you can show some faith...I can build you a good looking, very fast running and very stable desktop...for around your budget...its not going to be a basic desktop I can assure you....here are some specs

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz Six-Core Desktop Processor

1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory

Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 video card

I can throw in a nice blu ray player so you can watch blu ray movies...I will also include a CD/DVD burner also.

It will come with an original windows 7 home premium installed...

I can also build you a basic one for probably half the budget you put above...let me know what you think

jomoreb

plus I dont think you need an apple...there is a reason why only 20% of computer users have apple