Sign in to follow this  
JPBon

Tracking

JPBon    10
JPBon

I must say I have never had so many products being tracked as I have right now. The funny thing i noticed is that my tracked items rarely change into sold items. Now why would people track your items if they dont buy them. I have watched the same items being tracked each time i relist.

Angolo Antico    10
Angolo Antico

Hi JP,

Same thing on our side, from the lowest value items to some of the most expensive, but only 10%-15% of the items being tracked is converted into a sale, the rest = tracking comes, tracking goes :suspicious:

MK

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I'm not complaining this week. Auctions really look good and still have tracking on quite a few! Thanks buyers (lol)

JPBon    10
JPBon

Ive watched some for weeks and everytime I relist them they get tracked again. Wonder if its not other sellers monitoring items perhaps.

@miss Jewels you are lucky, my items are on a go slow.

SProducts    10
SProducts

I also have that problem, my items would be tracked but no sale. Maybe buyers are just tracking to see if someone else buy so they can also buy. Again it could also be other sellers.

I have learnt that tracking doesnt mean the item is on demand, I dont rely on it.

voldermort    10
voldermort

I have noticed that when a genuine buyer wants an item they either do a buy now or bid and then track the item, rarely does a tracked item result in a sale.

The majority of my items that get tracked......I will see more or less the same item up on BoB within a week or so of bn tracked, other sellers tend to use my/your/our items as a price guide and also to see whether the item indeed does get sold. At times it does get very irritating as I could probably count on my one hand the other sellers who constantly do track my items and then list what they feel to be the same items within a few days.......especially when the same seller tracks hundreds of your items at the same time.

JPBon    10
JPBon

Ok cool just had me thinking a lot.

brands online    10
brands online
I have noticed that when a genuine buyer wants an item they either do a buy now or bid and then track the item, rarely does a tracked item result in a sale.

The majority of my items that get tracked......I will see more or less the same item up on BoB within a week or so of bn tracked, other sellers tend to use my/your/our items as a price guide and also to see whether the item indeed does get sold. At times it does get very irritating as I could probably count on my one hand the other sellers who constantly do track my items and then list what they feel to be the same items within a few days.......especially when the same seller tracks hundreds of your items at the same time.

Dis waar ja, ander "sellers" wat die items "track" om te sien of hulle dit volgende week ook miskien kan verkoop.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

A while back, geewhizz also asked questions about users tracking items. Various reasons were given for this, amongst them: (1) sellers with similar items keeping a track on prices obtained; (2) pure curiosity and "waste-of-timers"; (3) genuine buyers who are, possibly, tracking whilst they compare prices elsewhere. The main things is never to become too excited about "trackers"!

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

I might be wrong, but I think buyers are tracking the items to see if they can perhaps get a bargain. Otherwise some sellers keep track on the items to see which one's sells best. Next week you will see the same item on sale by another seller.

Edited by MiemsJewels