Sign in to follow this  
dhjewellery

I`ve been Scammed on Bid or Buy

dhjewellery    10
dhjewellery

I won an auction on the 19th Dec 2010 placed by Items for sale from Investor123 on bidorbuy.co.za Investor123. Collections & Sets - ********2008 THE NELSON MANDELA 90TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION SET********** was sold for R20,000.00 on 19 Dec at 23:31 by Investor123 in Daveyton (ID:29987636)

I contacted the seller and told him I will do the transfer on the 20th Dec.

Early January and still no goods received. I try and phone him but his phone is permanently on voice mail. I send numerous e-mails but not even one response. I contact BOB and they give me an alternative cell nr. I phone this nr and he answers the call. I ask him about the sending of the Mandela Coin set, he replies that he does not know anything about placing that Item on Bid or Buy. I then read to him the account details to which I have transferred the money and he confirms that that is indeed his account number. I ask him to then kindly check his account to see the money has been sucsesfully transferred and then refund the money back to my account.

He phones me back the next day and and says the money has indeed been paid into his account but there has been fraud on his account as the money has been withdrawn allready, but not by him. He then points fingers at BOB and says he suspects Fraud from their side:hm:

I then suggest to him we both go to the Branch were the money has been withdrawn and sort this out by he could not agree to a time that would suit him.

Any suggestion or help would be appreciated.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

The seller can't blame BoB.

He is responsible for his own BoB account details (Username and Password).

If someone used his account details fraudulently to place items for auction, he is responsible.

He is also responsible foe his own bank account, he cannot honestly say that he did not notice such a large deposit into his account and if he didn't know where it came from, he would surely have investigated.

I suggest you contact BoB and speak to Cuan about this.

Also at the same time, lay a charge of fraud against the seller, Cuan can give you advice on what info to give the police.The police then contact BoB who will assist with whatever information is necessary once they have a case number.

Angolo Antico    10
Angolo Antico

If this is the case, then you really should open a SAPS case as mentioned by Tananka, notify BOB management immediately so they can do their own investigation.

qball    11
qball

We log every login attempt and can trace if a staff member accessed this account, nor would any staff member be involved in this as banks are monitored by surveillance cameras and on ATMs. This person is not being honest, and we believe they are aware of the sale and we would advise you to contact SAPS to open a case of theft under false pretenses against the seller. Please email communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za for the seller's details or call us on 0861 88 0861.

ph1nx    10
ph1nx

Man o man thought mine wasa bad !

mellowred    10
mellowred

Ai Dh sorry to hear about this.

Hope you get your money back and that the guilty party is prosecuted and locked away.

RAJRULES1    10
RAJRULES1

R20 000 for an item that stated a retail price of R8300. Wow that coin must be a really great investment. It is a pity that the seller realised this and does not want to part with the coin.....or the money.:worried:

Cahrge with Fraud for sure as it is a lot of money, sorry.

dhjewellery    10
dhjewellery

Just a quick update. I instructed my Lawyer to take things further as we have found out were he works. You guys will be very very surprised if you know were he works. We have his ID nr and current address as well as the previous 3 he stayed at. He will not get away with this scam!

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
You guys will be very very surprised if you know were he works.

Surprise us!!

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels
You guys will be very very surprised if you know were he works. QUOTE] Make is known, just in case he changes his name and tries to pull a fast one again.

Cheetah10    10
Cheetah10

Wow!!!.... makes one scared (very scared) of buying anything for more than R20....... Hope you get it sorted out.... please keep us informed.....

mellowred    10
mellowred
You guys will be very very surprised if you know were he works.

SAPO? SAPS? SARS? :biggrin:

meeks    10
meeks
SAPO? SAPS? SARS? :biggrin:

Where you Bank????? - at A Bank. an Attorney's office?

JPBon    10
JPBon

I would say at court or in government

mellowred    10
mellowred

The mint?

meeks    10
meeks

Guessing he works where HE banks.. Speculation, Speculation. It will be interesting to eventually get to know (if we do) just who is paying this person's salary.However, really hope the buyer in this get's the money they paid, refunded, as it is definitely not "small change" in question here.

dhjewellery    10
dhjewellery

You guys and girls are brilliant at guessing! One of you have actually guessed it right, truly amazing. I will let it be known once the matter has been settled.