Sign in to follow this  
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Compliments to bob-they do listen!!

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI ALL

Do not know if anybody has noticed but a request was made sometime ago for the top sellers list to be rotated between sales per item and sales per turnover volume per week to give a true reflection of the sales and the correct exposure to the sellers.

In my category of stamps i see today that the top sellers list has changed dramatically from what was always the case and i now presume it is currently showing the top sellers as per volume of turnover achieved,

Could bob confrim this and if this list will be rotated weekly to accurately reflect the sales per items sold and then sales per monetary volume sold per week.

I for one am very happy with the current state as this is genuine advertising for the sellers who feature here

Thank you to whoever made this decision

NEIL

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Yep - this has been changed earlier today and is now based on sales value.

brands online    10
brands online

Could bob confrim this and if this list will be rotated weekly to accurately reflect the sales per items sold and then sales per monetary volume sold per week.

Noticed that too - good stuff! What Neil asked above Admin?

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

I must agree. The staff at Bidorbuy does implement changes for the better.

Earlier the week they introduced the "Hot" & "Red Hot" Buy now listings into the "What's Hot"- section after I requested it.

I sold seven watches to different sellers in one day the very next day after this was implemented! This never happened before.

THANK YOU Cuan and Mac!

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

Made my day! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

wayjen    10
wayjen

any news on the changing of the "closed listing" and "unsuccessful listing" Mr Mac?

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
any news on the changing of the "closed listing" and "unsuccessful listing" Mr Mac?

Help my aging brain - is this the relist counter requirement for closed listings / unsuccessful listings? If so, it will probably be ready early next week.

wayjen    10
wayjen

ai!!! post-its Mac..POST-ITS!!

Just kidding.

Remember we spoke about the closed listing and unsuccessful listing both basically saying the same thing and i asked if at least one of them could have the "relists remaining" on them so when you miss an item that had closed with no relists remaining you at least can find it under one of those headings. You agreed that you would speak to the guys when they came back from holidays.

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/selling-bidorbuy/12193-closed-listings-help-please.html here is the actual thread.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
ai!!! post-its Mac..POST-ITS!!

Just kidding.

Remember we spoke about the closed listing and unsuccessful listing both basically saying the same thing and i asked if at least one of them could have the "relists remaining" on them so when you miss an item that had closed with no relists remaining you at least can find it under one of those headings. You agreed that you would speak to the guys when they came back from holidays.

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/selling-bidorbuy/12193-closed-listings-help-please.html here is the actual thread.

Thanks - those aliens (or xmas eggnog?) must have messed up how I wrote this requirement down, but it is the same thing and we will work on this next week.

wayjen    10
wayjen

yeah yeah it's always the aliens, thanks Mr Mac.

JPBon    10
JPBon

I see one seller (see facebook page) not happy about the change, probably not on the top list anymore.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
I see one seller (see facebook page) not happy about the change, probably not on the top list anymore.

Would be great if we could always make everyone happy. But like others said, the old top-sellers ranking based on sold item count was not an accurate reflection of a sellers ranking.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Yes Jean-Pierre, I am not very happy about the new top 10 lists as it is now, you are right. We work our a%#@ off to get on the top 10 list. Now you can sell 2 items and get onto the top 10 list.

If Bidorbuy rotate the top 10 though, it will be fine, and more acceptable :rolleyes:

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Yes, Jean-Pierre you are correct I am not on the top 10 list anymore. I suppose those who never get to the top 10 won't care about it either.

JPBon    10
JPBon

Hi Miems and welcome to the forum. I strive to make it onto the top ten list someday, I think the problem arises more in some sections where thousands of items sell at under R1 (like beads) yet a seller who sells less items but more valuable could never beat them.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
Hi Miems and welcome to the forum. I strive to make it onto the top ten list someday, I think the problem arises more in some sections where thousands of items sell at under R1 (like beads) yet a seller who sells less items but more valuable could never beat them.

Yes, I think JP has analysed the problem properly. Sorry for you though, Miems, as you are such an excellent seller with fantastic items.

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

Unfortunately we all know that everyone cannot be satisfied all the time.The current top sellers list is an accurate refelction of the true top sellers.I understand how miems feels now ,but she can now understand how many of us top sellers felt when we could never reach the top due to the list reflecting the number of items sold-

To be realistic look at this situation-seller A sells 100 items a week for R10 000 but sellers B-G- sell 102 or so items a week for R600 in total sales-All these sellers with higher items sold would previously be ahead on the top sellers list which is surely not a true reflection of the top sellers'

As miems has pointed out there will be odd seller who sells one item for R5000 and will then be on the top sellers list that week-Good for him as he deserves his exposure that week and he may well get more sales from the exposure and then strive to stay on that list which will improve his situation and then bob s income will increase of course

As for my category the list has not changed dramatically with an exception or two but what has changed is the pecking order and that is now a more accurate reflection.

I would have no problem if bob rotates this weekly with the way the previous list was calculated as everyone deserves their place in the top sellers list as it is genuinely a sales tool and increases respect from buyers for those sellers who feature here.

NEIL

brands online    10
brands online

I for one am very happy with the current state as this is genuine advertising for the sellers who feature here

Thank you to whoever made this decision

NEIL

Will the list be rotated?

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I used to feel so proud when I saw my name in the top seller lists, but now I just have that sinking feeling...

It is difficult to say under which circumstances seller's should show in the top listings - by amount of income generated for BoB (success fees, enhancement / listing fees, etc), by R-value sold, or by quantity of items in a specific period.

By example, you can get a seller in the Gemstone section who gives his / her listing all the bells and whistles with regards to enhancement fees etc, but as their items are of a low value, they won't be seen on the list... but then you'll get a seller who sells very expensive items (high-end diamonds, etc) who rarely uses the enhancement options, and they will be on the list.

What is then the best way to be "on" the list? I find that this has a direct impact on incoming sales because the average buyer will think that anyone who is not on the list should not be classified as a good seller - "Why are they not a top seller? What's wrong?"...

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
I used to feel so proud when I saw my name in the top seller lists, but now I just have that sinking feeling...

It is difficult to say under which circumstances seller's should show in the top listings - by amount of income generated for BoB (success fees, enhancement / listing fees, etc), by R-value sold, or by quantity of items in a specific period.

By example, you can get a seller in the Gemstone section who gives his / her listing all the bells and whistles with regards to enhancement fees etc, but as their items are of a low value, they won't be seen on the list... but then you'll get a seller who sells very expensive items (high-end diamonds, etc) who rarely uses the enhancement options, and they will be on the list.

What is then the best way to be "on" the list? I find that this has a direct impact on incoming sales because the average buyer will think that anyone who is not on the list should not be classified as a good seller - "Why are they not a top seller? What's wrong?"...

Perhaps there should be two lists of "top sellers"? Just my 10 cents worth again ...

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

As Neil correctly pointed out, the definition of a Top Seller might have been accurate a few years back where item prices within a category averaged out and it did not make a huge difference between number of items sold vs a seller's turnover. We did unfortunately notice a trend in a few categories where sellers "manipulated" the leaderboard by placing just enough low value items to top the list. We then decided that the old definition of a Top Seller is inaccurate as we feature more high-value items now and a seller's ranking can not be properly measured based on number of sales concluded.

We will therefore not rotate the list as the current display is a better reflection of a sellers performance.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Well I suppose we'll both strive for Top 10 in future. One of their items sell for more than my sales for the whole month. Hehehe, but I will surely work on that. :grin:

dstorm    10
dstorm

Congratulations Neil!

We make a living out of the MONEY that we get for selling items. Not by the number of items that we sell.

Regards

Jacques

Cali Craft and Gems

A good example of the point I was trying to make is the current number 3 on the Gemstone top seller's list: Carballs

He has only sold two items in this category recently - one for R20000 and the other for R35000 (his other 6 sales over the past 3 years have been the balls that you see hanging underneath the rear end of vehicles.) Note that this seller also has zero other items listed whereas I have 1944 listings open currently across board (465 being in the gem category alone)!

Now take a seller like myself for example who has been giving 100% (and more) each and every month since April 2007, spends stacks on enhancement fees, etc., has very good ratings with an excellent track record, and I'm nowhere on the list - not even close as my total R-value of sales are pathetic by comparison to this "newcomer".

"Carballs" in all likelyhood is not going to be a regular seller of fine gemstones, and probably only had / has these two items to sell, yet they are getting the recognition of being a "Top Seller".

I'm sorry, but this does not go down well with me! I for one have been working my backside off for years, given up hours of my personal time to dedicate to the business which BoB in turn benefits tremendously (success fees, listing fees, enhancement fees, credit card fees, etc) only to be shoved off the list as my "value" doesn't top a two-items-sold seller?

I'm not happy! (am I the only one on this point?)

Edited by Cali Craft and Gems

Cali Craft and Gems

PS. Just checked the two items that Carballs sold and they are the identical item to two different buyers for two different prices! The plot thickens...

33.11ct black diamond sold for R20000 on 17 January to one buyer, then the following day it is sold to a second buyer for R35000 !!!