Sign in to follow this  
ClickandShip

Just quick.

ClickandShip

Never fall pray to online criminals. Read the bidorbuy article Beware of Car Scams and learn to recognise the warning signs.

Correct Spelling is : Prey

New and used cars for sale

RISadler

Mmmmm... puts a whole new meaning to the phrase "going to church to pray". :worried:

MacMuffin
Never fall pray to online criminals. Read the bidorbuy article Beware of Car Scams and learn to recognise the warning signs.

Correct Spelling is : Prey

New and used cars for sale

Thanks for pointing this out - I have corrected it, but yes, some people tend to deposit money to classifieds sellers without having physically seen the car in question - makes one wonder why one would let down all their safeguards in the online world.

RISadler
... makes one wonder why one would let down all their safeguards in the online world.

Faith, perhaps?

MacMuffin
Faith, perhaps?

I personally would not transfer funds in excess of 50K to a seller without any ratings for a car which is supposedly in another province which I have not seen or have not received a credible inspection report (i.e. checkup by the AA or any other credible source) where the car's VIN matches such report. But perhaps that is just cautious me :worried:

dstorm

Hello Mac

I personally would not transfer funds in excess of 50K to a seller without any ratings “.

I would NEVER do it AT ALL!

Regards

Jacques

RISadler
I personally would not transfer funds in excess of 50K to a seller without any ratings for a car which is supposedly in another province which I have not seen or have not received a credible inspection report (i.e. checkup by the AA or any other credible source) where the car's VIN matches such report. But perhaps that is just cautious me :worried:

If you did, then that's when you start praying... :laugh: