Sign in to follow this  
TaLamia

At my wits end...

TaLamia    11
TaLamia

Dear Community

I need help with a very difficult transaction. I have no idea what to do. This is driving me MAD! I need advice!!!

I bought a phone in November: Blackberry - ORIGINAL BLACKBERRY 8310 CURVE - unlocked cell phone. GPS, Camera, Mp3 player, EDGE was sold for R1,151.00 on 17 Nov at 20:00 by SProducts in Johannesburg (ID:28147881)

It was couriered to me and I noticed it was faulty right away and let the seller know this same day. He promised a replacement that would be arriving in a week's time so great, I waited. In the meantime I left the phone with a friend at a Steers close to him (according to his PO Box address) for him to pick up at his convenience because he refused to give me his address for me to drop the phone off with him (saying that he's never home and always running around sorting out shipments etc) and because I refuse to mail the phone back to him because I simply will not put electronics through post if I don't have to, it's simply not safe.

To date the phone is still sitting there waiting for him to collect, and the replacement phone has apparently still not arrived yet (it's been constantly "next week" and "stuck at customs" for 2 months now). I am so frustrated right now I just want a refund.

Although the timing of his email correspondences can be better (sometimes it takes days to get a response) he has been cordial, but what upsets me is that all I have for him is an email address, no contact number, no physical office address. I simply feel like I'm never going to see either a replacement phone or my refund ever again because of how elusive he is being.

HELP!!!

kyle2    10
kyle2

It seems from the ratings that you are not alone, have you contacted Bob with the problem?

SProducts    10
SProducts

Since its all here, maybe let me mention all the things you forgot to mention.

Firstly, I told you many time in the email that I preffer to use the post. I said meeting does always work for me and it delays things. You wanted us to meet, when our first appointment didnt work out, you were furious and said some not so nice things. I still humbly requested you to send back the phone through the post and I will refund you. I even explained to you that the normal process is when a product is faulty, you post it back to the seller and the seller will check it and replace it.

Then you apologised and told me the phone was left with a manager at steers who's your friend and I can collect there, I said I will try to collect there after I asked for directions because I dont know that place.

I was unable to collect it from your friend, this week I sent an email and I asked you that can you atleast post it to me so as to speed up things. I also told you that I have a serious problems as most of my parcels have been delayed with customs, some are probably lost and these includes dropshipped products and I cant guarantee I will be able to pick up the phone. You still refuse to send me the phone and said its closer and I can pick up the phone there. I once more asked you to compromise and send the phone so as everything can be sorted out speedily and you still dont want to send the phone through the post.

All my clients when they have problems they post the product back and I help them and solve it without any problems.

This is the reason I didnt want the pick/delivery in the first place because I knew I always end up with a negative rating. Why cant you understand when I ask you to post back the phone?

Please I ask again, post the phone back and as soon as its received I will check it and arrange for a refund.

TaLamia    11
TaLamia

I have just sent BoB a similar run down of the situation/problem, although from what I just read in another thread I am afraid and now half-expecting them to just forward on my concerned email to the seller...

:(

SProducts    10
SProducts
It seems from the ratings that you are not alone, have you contacted Bob with the problem?

I cannot confirm on this, because from all those rating their items were sent and delayed through customs. Some parcels left China on 16 November and they only arrived in South Africa yesterday, after more than 2 months. Unfortunately buyers blacme the seller even though its the post office and I sent their parcels on time. That is the reason I asked Talamia to post it as I have to follow up on those parcels which are being delayed by the post and probably lost.

These are 100% different scenarios. When you buy somethin g and its faulty, the normal process would be you send it back to the seller and they send a replacement, that didnt happen in this case. I still dont have the faulty product because the buyer doenst want to post it back to me so I replace. How can I know its faulty and replace it or refund the buyer if I dont have the faulty item with me?

TaLamia    11
TaLamia
Please I ask again, post the phone back and as soon as its received I will check it and arrange for a refund.

Sipho, thank you for responding.

Can you please try to understand that as a seller who has posted items before at various Kempton Park post offices, I have lost many of those parcels, and it's extra concerning for me because I only lost parcels sent from or going to Kempton Park post offices. And this is why I do NOT want to send a cell phone by post. If it is lost during shipping it is all of my money that is lost and of no concern to you, so please try and see it from my side? A simple address where I can come and pop the phone into a mail box or something will suffice, you do not even have to be there to greet me, I just want some place where I can drop the phone off with you, this has been what I've been asking SINCE THE BEGINNING.

Is that too much of a request?

SProducts    10
SProducts
Sipho, thank you for responding.

Can you please try to understand that as a seller who has posted items before at various Kempton Park post offices, I have lost many of those parcels, and it's extra concerning for me because I only lost parcels sent from or going to Kempton Park post offices. And this is why I do NOT want to send a cell phone by post. If it is lost during shipping it is all of my money that is lost and of no concern to you, so please try and see it from my side? A simple address where I can come and pop the phone into a mail box or something will suffice, you do not even have to be there to greet me, I just want some place where I can drop the phone off with you, this has been what I've been asking SINCE THE BEGINNING.

Is that too much of a request?

If you are afraid it will be lost, you can insure it. I dont think it will cost more than R22.00 to insure it and it will arrive safely. I have never had a parcel sent to me get lost in Kempton Park, as long as its trackable.

I have already responded to the email from Bennet about the communitywatch report, its normal procedure that BoB does in order to get an update/respond from the other party and that is why they have to contact me after you contacted them.

TaLamia    11
TaLamia

I guess that's all I can do now... :hm:

You do know though that should a parcel gets lost during shipping it can take 6 months to claim for anything?

Oh well... :hm: Thanks for all your assistance. Will update rating when I receive my refund...

kyle2    10
kyle2

These are 100% different scenarios. When you buy somethin g and its faulty, the normal process would be you send it back to the seller and they send a replacement, that didnt happen in this case. I still dont have the faulty product because the buyer doenst want to post it back to me so I replace. How can I know its faulty and replace it or refund the buyer if I dont have the faulty item with me?

Mate, I simpathise with your problem, I am sure it is not easy dealing with an overseas supplier, buyers can be really impatient when it comes to their purchases, it is their money/investment after all.

I know that the postal delays don't help either, I have stuff coming from the US since the 15th of Dec which is still missing.

I sure hope you manage to sort out all the unhappy people who bought stuff from you.

Best of luck to you.

SProducts    10
SProducts
Mate, I simpathise with your problem, I am sure it is not easy dealing with an overseas supplier, buyers can be really impatient when it comes to their purchases, it is their money/investment after all.

I know that the postal delays don't help either, I have stuff coming from the US since the 15th of Dec which is still missing.

I sure hope you manage to sort out all the unhappy people who bought stuff from you.

Best of luck to you.

Thanks, still busy with it, some parcels from November are now arriving. I am hoping that atleast by early next all of them should have arrived. Its just way too much, I just have a parcel that leeft Hong Kong on 16 November only arrived yesterday 17 January, 2 months after it left.

The worse part, this parcel which was sent by DHL, took more than 3 weeks at customs. I would get all sorts of excuses from DHL, wrong importers code(I dont even know where they got it because they have my correct one on their system), SARS fines me R500.00 and I have to fight them till they agreee to settle the penalty as it was their mistake, then another long wait, then the customs staff didnt turn out to work and some people have to do their job and those who didnt make.

Our institutions, sounds like a school were learners can just be absent.:grin:

kebs    10
kebs

I'm having the same problems Sipho... Things I ordered at the beginning of November are finally filtering through.. But items ordered at the beginning of the year, from the same compnay, have already arrived.. Have to wonder where November's parcels have been sitting for all this time?? :suspicious:

SProducts    10
SProducts
I'm having the same problems Sipho... Things I ordered at the beginning of November are finally filtering through.. But items ordered at the beginning of the year, from the same compnay, have already arrived.. Have to wonder where November's parcels have been sitting for all this time?? :suspicious:

Its just crazy, thats the whole problem. Items posted around 23rd December has already arrived, but those sent November through to early December hasnt arrived. Wonder what the customs people are doing there at Joburg international. Seems like they kept on pushing items arrived before to the back while dealing with new arrivals.

Edited by SProducts