Sign in to follow this  
jomoreb

new seller from U.S

jomoreb

Hello there...I am a computer technician based in the US. I repair computers but just like building computers on the side. In any case, I am trying to expand my customer base...so in any case I will be selling custom built desktops and sometimes laptops or even other electronics I come across but mainly custom built desktops.

So since I am not in SA and don't have a SA bank account, can I still sell here and if yes, can i link my bank account to any of the payment systems on this website? and how will that work? I really want to sell here and also on other website..I have sold a few on ebay but paypal and ebay are really expensive and doesn't cater much to sellers...Anyway any suggestions or info are welcome

Not1CentMore

Please check your Private Messages. Perhaps the info sent will help.

jomoreb

yeah... I got it...I really appreciate the info...I dont really have a real contact in SA ...I do have a friend there...but not sure if i want to use her as a middle man...i guess i can probably have to live with the 20 dollar fee ..but are people willing to use bank wiring to pay for stuff on this website?

Not1CentMore

I can't answer that. I know I would not ask my buyers to pay such a hefty bank fee.

PayPal is less expensive than EFT (EBT here) to my bank in the USA. Yours may charge more / less than the $20.00USD I am charged. You might check with your financial institution. Also, do not know if there is a fee for SA residents to send EFT to a US bank. I am sure someone with more 'smarts' than me can answer that (and other) questions for you.

Another option is to open a Merchant Account through your bank and jump through the hoops to become PCI DSS Verified (mandated by all credit card companies) and then you will be able to accept direct payment via major credit card / debit card from your buyers. A tad expensive, but well worth the protection it affords my buyers.

Again, welcome to BoB.

Edited by Not1CentMore

jomoreb

yeah Thanks for the info...I am just done with paypal...I used them with my ebay account ...I decided to drop them ..i use google checkout and moneybookers now.....I dont think am going back to them anytime soon...

kebs

I had to transfer money to a UK account for a friend last year - it cost me hundreds (over R500) to send R2000... Definately not worth it! I know most SA buyers would prefer Paypal, also because of the security attached to it.. Moneybookers & moneygram as far as I know have been discouraged on the site due to the high fraud rate.