Sign in to follow this  
Little Miss Muffet

Information on guarantee policy not stored

Little Miss Muffet

The information we type into the form when we guarantee a product is not stored on the the sales uploading page. It used to be stored moons ago cant we have that back otherwise I have to type it out everytime.

Little Miss Muffet
The information we type into the form when we guarantee a product is not stored on the the sales uploading page. It used to be stored moons ago cant we have that back otherwise I have to type it out everytime.

Any answer on this?

qball

Have you changed any of your security settings or cache clearing?

Little Miss Muffet

I do clear stored info from time to time but once I type it in again it will come up if I want to use it a second time as in the ratings..

I would not attempt to change security settings and actually dont know what you mean

This has been like this ever since the sales loading page was changed ages ago.

I would have thought that it would repeat itself as in the rating comments.

MacMuffin

I am very confused here. Do you mean the guarantee- and warranty fields on the listing page? I think you are talking about the autocomplete function where you can cursor down to get pre-populated values - or? If so, we don't store this and it is really a browser setting and browser specific.

All very cryptic - if I did not answer properly, can you provide more details of what the exact problem is?

Little Miss Muffet

If I understand your question correctly!!! I always type in "Money back guarantee" which if previously typed in would automatically come up.

Same as in "A pleasure dealing with this buyer etc" on the ratings.Previously typed in information does not have to be typed in again if I use the same rating but I have to type it in with the guarantee as explained above.

It used to work that way before the upload page was changed ages ago

MacMuffin
If I understand your question correctly!!! I always type in "Money back guarantee" which if previously typed in would automatically come up.

Same as in "A pleasure dealing with this buyer etc" on the ratings.Previously typed in information does not have to be typed in again if I use the same rating but I have to type it in with the guarantee as explained above.

It used to work that way before the upload page was changed ages ago

This seems to be a generic issue is you run IE8 - I found a forum post on Microsoft's site with some details of someone having similar issues: IE8 Auto Complete not working

Not sure if this helps? We have not made any changes to our listing pages in quite some time and I have been able to validate that it works on Safari and Firefox 4(beta) on Mac. I have no access to IE8 currently as Windows just died on me again.

Little Miss Muffet

Would this have anything to do with the popup blocker. Probably a stupid question from a computer illterate.

MacMuffin
Would this have anything to do with the popup blocker. Probably a stupid question from a computer illterate.

I don't believe it has anything to do with a popup blocker. Can you just open IE and then go to Tools -> Internet Options. Then select the "Content"-tab

and in the middle of the screen you will see "AutoComplete". Click on Settings and ensure that at least "Forms" is clicked.

Then select "General" in the same popup and make sure that under "Browsing History" the checkbox "Delete browsing history on exit" is not ticked.

I unfortunately have no other ideas how to possibly fix it other than suggesting a different browser (such as Safari, Chrome or Firefox) and see if this works?

Little Miss Muffet

That is all in order besides my computer stores the ratings so I dont know.

Dont worry it means having to type in a few words

Thanks for the help Macmuffin