Sign in to follow this  
Nubbi

Vintage model airplanes

Nubbi    10
Nubbi

I have two vintage model airplanes, they are still in the original boxes and have not been put together! One is a Hellcat and the other is a Cutlass. Can anyone tell me what they are worth or if anybody would be interested in buying them? From what I can gather they are at least 40 years old but i cant be sure?

GPOEL    10
GPOEL

Model planes

Hi , what scale are they? (1.72 , 1.48 , 1.36) It will say it on the box. What manufacturer are they (Airfix, Revell, Hasegawa etc.) Once I know this , I can value them... Regards Gerhard

Nubbi    10
Nubbi

hi thanks for responding

sadly it does not say on the box what the scale is! but i reckon they will be about hand size when assembled. they are from a french manufacturer by the name of Avions and all the writing is in french! hope that helps? nubbi

GPOEL    10
GPOEL

Yes it sounds as if the fuselages of these planes are between 100 and 150mm long. It would be scale 1.72 The manufacturer is not as well known as Monogram or Airfix . If the transfers (logo and letters , on a small sheet) are still in good condition and the building instructions are still in the box , they would be worth between R60.00 and R80.00 each, to collectors. The Hellcat would sell quicker as it is more well known than the Cutlass. Hope this helps..