Sign in to follow this  
BPRB

How should I handle an offer on an item I have on Auction?

BPRB

I had an item up for auction and twice had offers which were acceptable at the time but I could not find help on how to go about processing the sale. The item in question is being held back until I get an answer, BoB help desk keep telling me I must close the auction and relist as a "Buy Now" which is fine, however I also wanted to know how I prevent someone other than the person who made the offer in the first place from now buying this item, I have no control over when the person who made the offer looks at BoB ...it might be the next day, in the meantime Joe Soap sees my "Buy Now" item and says "great I'll buy that!!!" ....how do I respond ..."Oh sorry but that item is waiting for Person A to respond' ....am I missing something ...PLEASE HELP!!! :hm:

JPBon

Have seen some people list the thing with "for USERXYZ only in the heading

Howard Neill

I had one recently. The buyer told me what to do. I had to close the auction. The buyer was the leading bid, so he was the winner of the auction. He made up the difference, between the closing bid and the agreed amount, in shipping charges. Bags & Cases - Vanguard camera bag was sold for R10.00 on 20 Dec at 11:01 by Howard Neill in Cape Town (ID:30367339)

Cheers

kyle2

I have recieved a couple of items this way, it was by mutual agreement with the seller and myself, my name was in bold in the description, with the words "this auction for Kyle Only".

I don't think that BoB has a problem with it, they got their comission, the seller sold his item and I got the item I wanted.

If you do list it this way, and some clever harry comes along and tries to snag it, you as a seller can delete their bid.

I would arrange a time with the prospective buyer for this transaction to take place, and then close the auction once he has bid.:wink:

qball
I had one recently. The buyer told me what to do. I had to close the auction. The buyer was the leading bid, so he was the winner of the auction. He made up the difference, between the closing bid and the agreed amount, in shipping charges. Bags & Cases - Vanguard camera bag was sold for R10.00 on 20 Dec at 11:01 by Howard Neill in Cape Town (ID:30367339)

Cheers

Hi Howard

Please bear in mind if you do do this, bidorbuy reserves the right to charge the commission on the final sales price you agreed to (what the buyer paid)... I would therefore recommend listing it as a buy now with the bidders username in the title.

Kind regards

Cuan

RISadler
... bidorbuy reserves the right to charge the commission on the final sales price you agreed to (what the buyer paid) ...

You would actually enforce a lower commission? Gosh, what honesty. :awesome:

BPRB

Hi All - many thanks for taking the time out to respond to my question, I must admit I thought that offers were not that uncommon on BoB and that I would find some info in "Help" or through their Help Desk .....needless to say I drew a blank on both counts, so you can understand my relief at reading your suggestions.

Regards...Bruce

JPBon

hI Bruce

The forum is full of info and people will always help you here, its a wonder more users do not make use of it, alot of sellers are most generous with info and will go out of their way to help you.