Sign in to follow this  
dstorm

Making space in my shop

dstorm

Hello all

What is the biggest sale that you have ever made?

I have sold a Toyota bakkie full of stamps today - 12 boxes of surplus stock.

I just have to sell another lot like this (I hope to do it soon) and then I will be able to see the bottom of my desk.

So now it is back to listing items on BidorBuy.

Regards

Jacques

PS: I know that Seahorsefanatic once bought a few TONS of stamps.

mellowred
and then I will be able to see the bottom of my desk.

... and put you feet up on it with a ciggie in one hand and a whisky in the other. :grin:

Nice sale Jacques.

Kit W

I once read an advert in a daily newspaper where the seller instructing the buyer to "bring a bakkie" to collect the stamps he had sold. Reading Jacques post on his selling a bakkie-load brought back memories of this sale. GOOD LUCK JACQUES!!:smile1::awesome::bigsmile:

Regards

Kit

alloway65

What price did you get 20% of the latest SASCC....and you through in the bakkie for free!!!!:rolleyes:

seahorsefanatic

Hi there guys

All the best for 2011 and lets hope our local market doesnt take another SACC curveball this year.

Well done Jacques on starting to clear your desk - maybe one of these days we can have another "Grand" sale followed by a braai etc.

Talk about nostalgia, it reminded me of the days when I came home with boxes in the boot of my car. I left them there for fear of what my wife would say. Then sat the evening trying to concentrate on what she said, trying to remember to say "yes dear" and "no dear" at the right time while thinking about what was in the boot of my car. Once she had retired to bed, the stock would be brought into the house under cover of darkness. The next day it would be noticed by the wife and I would have to show scant interest as if it had been there all along - what one had to do - CRAZY !!!!!

It took me years to sort into countries and at present have been through about 15 country's boxes. So wont be tempted easily by another offer of boxes unless its seahorse kilowear - definately no machins !!!!

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI ALL

Best wishes for 2011

Nice one JACQUES-I work from home and my lounge is now my office and is packed full.I have a study thats full as well and have started using about half the dining room to the wifes despair,plus part of the garage-Will work on filling it this year.Will phone you for the bakkie when i need it,

Dave-yes that is exactly how i had to accumulate my stamps as well-Made it more exciting though.Now that i supplement our income from my stamp sales it is a lot quieter on that front now and i no longer need to smuggle my buys into the house anymore.

neil

dstorm

Hello all

I do not think that I even got 5% of catalogue value for the whole lot. Unfortunately, when I referred to a BIG sale, I referred to the volume, not the amount in Rands.

To Neil: The difference between half the dining room table and the full dining room table is only about three months. Remember the TV trays that everybody used for their dinners in the late 1970’s? In my house they are back in fashion.

Regards

Jacques

alloway65

Hi Jacques,

A long as you only paid two percent of catalogue for them, then you are OK....a nice profit!!!!

Regards

David

mrspagel

Hi Jacques, Do you know where I can get a SA Union handbook for cheep?

dstorm

Hello mrspagel

Union handbooks are not cheap and they are very seldom offered for sale. This is very frustating.

Steven Baker is currently working on his own version of a specialized Union guide.

It should be out soon.

Regards

Jacques